Red Light, Green Light: Part 2

Merry Christmas! I hope everyone had a magical week! I've been so busy cooking and with family
As well as distracted with Kassandra's (famouxx ) book The Famoux. It's safe to say I'm completely hooked. Anyways I love her dearly and you should all check out her novel!

Also if any one ever wants me to read their stories, I would be happy to! If you read mine, I want to read yours!

On with the anticipated story.

Previously:
All of the sudden I could feel my body collapsing in itself and I saw the lights start to flash and the machines blaring noises as Carter jumped to my side and KJ screamed for help.

I could see myself, see myself and my body failing but it didn't feel real. It was almost like a dream. A very strong dream.

***

"Shit shit shit shit."

"What the hell happened?"

"What do you mean you don't know! You're the doctor!"

I can hear everything around me but my eyes stay clamped shut and my throat dry. I struggle to find the energy to get the words to form and to try and open my eyes. But no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to do so.

So time passes by and I hear the murmurs of people talking in the distant background, the hustle of a hospital around me, nurses going about even some checking in on me, but I can only hear. Not see the starch white coats and the frantic relatives and the ones I love huddled in my room. My hospital room.

I find myself drifting in and out, picking up on conversations and being able to tell that hours have passed but not much else. I try again, mustering all my energy to open my eyes, but my body refuses. I feel my body hang on me like extra weight, and I try to move, even just a little, then I hear, "Guys! Oh my god she moved, that's good right? That's good."

I internally smile at the sound of Alex's voice, wishing I could see him and talk to him.

"What happened? If everything okay?!" I hear KJ.

"Yeah she's fine." Alex snaps. "You can go home. I'm here now." Alex says sharply.

"What?" I hear KJs confusion clearly.

"It's your fault." Alex whispers harshly.

"Excuse me?"

" you heard me. It's your fault. You were the one driving YOU should have seen it coming, you should have done something. " Alex shouts back.

"I should have stopped the bastard from going through a red light and hitting us?" He yells back clearly pained about the situation.

"Excuse me?" Alex defends and I hear the crash of a chair being pushed backwards.

"I didn't everything to protect her. Everything." KJ spits back.

"She wouldn't be in this situation if not for you." Alex whisper yells.

I feel the atmosphere tense and even without my sight I know the scene before my closed eyes.
Alex standing up to a two feet taller KJ and KJ keeping his stance but both holding tired eyes and hopeless masks covering their true fear and the only thing coming to the surface being one emotion.
Anger.

"Oh grow up. It's neither of your faults. It's the good-for-nothing shit  that put my sister in this hospital bed and why we've been here for four days." Carters voice becomes clearly dominant in the room.