Moments

"where's mom?" I ask walking downstairs to see carter on the way out.

"Took the golden child to his hockey game." she rolls her eyes.

"Ya know, I don't think she came to a single one of my volleyball games cause she said it was the slut sport." Carter grumbles
"She's one to talk. You so owe me one for having to hear about her escapades and then yelling at me for the dirty house." Carter continues. "Also stay out of sight today, she's on edge."

"Great" I sigh.

"What do You wanna do today?" Alex asks.

"Anything that's not here." I grumble.

"Got it." Alex says with a smile, "get ready, I'll be waiting downstairs for you."

"Mmk." I smile, before Alex leans down and kisses me before he leave.

I smile to myself humming while I get ready.

"You know I don't like surprises." I say to Alex.

------------------------------------------------

Moments.

You don't realize they're important till they are.

Hope is fleeting, you have to fight to have it.

It requires complete focus for the ones hope doesn't come easy to. If you stand too close to the problem then it throws everything else off, and then nothing seems right. Sometimes stepping back from a situation makes that hope easier to attain.

But in the end, the hope was always there, it was simply just the person who needed the hope. And that person can choose to see it or not to. And even though the hope was there all along, you have to fight to see the hope.

There was a moment when Alex saw Liz for the first time. There was a moment when Lizzie first saw Alex, actually saw him as more than that really attractive soccer player that couldn't talk to any girls except Lizzie.

____________________________________________________

"just keep your eyes closed, okay?" Alex whispers to me.

"why won't you just tell me?"

"because it's a surprise!"

"Well I hate surprises." I mumble.

We drove past the bookstore on Willcrust with the tulips in front of the window. The hat shop on Raiston, and the coffee shop on Mill Street that Kyle worked at on Sunday nights.It was the worst shift, late night right before Monday classes. So we all went in on Sundays, every Sunday, to be there for one of the boys on a sunday night before Monday classes.

It's funny the things you remember.

The last things you remember