Fight or Flight

DAY EARLY UPDATE! I just love you guys so much! I've received over 3k reads in less than a week and I'm officially at 99K and I'm just in awe! Thank you so much! Get excited for a surprise when I hit 100k

Get excited for a surprise when I hit 100k

Enjoy!
Previously:
Complications arise and everyone gets kicked out except KJ because he's 'family' (awe) and then you learn a bit about KJ and Lizzie past!

***
I have this theory. That everyone has a guardian angel and sometimes people's simply flake. Mine must have, since here I am laying in a hospital bed with strict orders from the doctor that only three people can be in here at a time.
And since KJ refuses to leave my side, not that I'm complaining, that leaves two people to switch out so others can come visit.

I defiantly 1. Did not imagine being in this bad of a position in a hospital so young and 2. To be surrounded by so many people. I mean sure I had friends, lots but everyone has lots of friends. It's the ones that pull through that matter. Like the ones who come to your bedside when you're in the hospital. Now those, even if not technically angelic, those are my kinda guardian angels.

And maybe the closest thing to angelic might just be standing in the door way of my hospital room, where I have been strictly instructed to stop panicking and lie still. The issue being, I've never been one to sit still.

But a good distraction never hurt.
Such as the blonde standing in my doorframe staring at me with that stupid little smirk that I adored more than bread it self.

"Well hello." He smiles and walks over. KJ looks to me  from his seat next to me with the all knowing 'he sooooooo likes you' look plastered all over his scruffy face.

"You need a shower, go home and eat a proper meal and take a nap." I scold KJ, "I'll be fine for a few hours, now go."

KJ starts to argue but let's be honest, I always win.

"Fine" he huffs, defeated, " just if you leave make sure Carter or Tate is with her, I don't want her alone. okay?" KJ says to Luke in an overbearing overprotective annoying type manner.

"Yes he gets it. Now goooooo." I lightly push KJ's arm.

It's been a week. And yes I'm still stuck in this stupid bed with these stupid wires attached to me probably making the bill skyrocket higher than I could imagine. But George had insisted that I not worry and that everything was covered and that he even has a room set up for me at the house. Which should have calmed my nerves but instead just made me not want to be sitting in the godawful bed.

"Liz." Luke pokes my cheek.

"Stop that." I swat his hand away.

"You were making your, ' I'm thinking too hard' face again." He teases.

"I hate you." I reply back with a smirk.

"No actually, you don't." He smirks right back.

"Mmhm sure. Okay. Whatever helps you get through the day." I laugh at him.
And then he goes and does something utterly just flat out not allowed.
He gives one of those dashing smiles that is just impossible to stay mad at.

"Ya know Liz. You amaze me." Luke starts and I gap at him,

"what?" I ask taken aback.

"You go through all this shit and you still manage to keep your sense of humor and your sassy attitude that we all love so much."

"Oh please, going to take a lot more than than to kick the sass out of me." I say with a content smirk.
He looks to me with an unreadable expression, "what is it?"

"Huh?" He asks as if pulled back into the moment. "Sorry I just got lost in your eyes" he smirks.

And I try my best to hold it in but can't help but burst out in laughter. And Luke soon joins in.

"Alright so what do you want?" Luke starts.

"Excuse me?"

"To eat. Anything/everything, your wish is my command."

"What do you mean?" I ask in shock, I've been on a stick diet of gross undesirable foods.

"I got it cleared from your doctor! You're cleared to eat real food again, what do you want?" He asks all excited like a child.

"Grilled cheese and tomato soup!" I say excitedly.

Luke laughs and nods. " okay so I'll call Tate, so you're not alone..."

" no stop, I'll be fine for what 20 minutes while you get food!"

Luke goes to argue but I just laugh at him,
"What could possibly go wrong?"