Chapter 9: Flesh

Demetrie p.o.v.

I awoke in bed with Jay. I smiled as i saw him sleeping soundly beside me. Bieng back with him made me so happy. Yet i felt diffrent now when i was with him i didnt feel as happy as i used to. When i was alive. He was so happy near me. But now he was just awestruck. And i think he felt guilty all the time. He was gentle. To gentle. He treated me like i was a porcelain doll about to break under the slightest pressure. Why had he changed? Was i missing something. Was he lying to me. I got up and looked at him before walking to the back door softly. I needed to clear my thoughts. Everything that happened. Everything i cared about was sleeping in the bed i just left. He was all i cared for. Jay was the reason i was able to remove myself from the earth. To keep moving. What was i? A monster. No. I felt normal. In fact i felt great, but why did i still have the fatal wound that ended my life. I shook my head clearing the thoughts that attacked my brain. I didnt realise i had made it to the school until i saw the building and the football feild. I decided to go back to the place i was buried. Maybe i could find some kind of answers. Or maybe i could see what had brought me back. I started walking from the feild to the secret little path. I found it one day when i got beat up by the football team. I just ran and ran. I was so scared. And then i found the willow. I sat at the base of the tree and cried and cried. Until i heard someone enter the clearing. It was Jay. Thats how we met. I thought he was going to beat me up to but he just sat next to me and comforted me for an hour or two. We started meeting at the willow every week or so. Then it became more frequent, one day he came to me. He was so scared. He confessed his feelings to me and i just hugged him. We stayed that way for a long time before i finally smiled and kissed him softly. I smiled at the memory. I saw the light green leaves of the willow. I sighed as i entered th clearing. Everything was the same. Except the dirt had been dug up and the hole in the ground was visible. I walked to the tree and looked at the trunk smiling. A small heart that had "Jay+Dem" i traced the small words over and over. Before something else caught my eye. I look at the small heart and nearly choked. In a small heart on the side of the tree read to names. The names of the ones who had betrayed me. The heart read "Jay+Matt 2014-2015"

Authors note:

Plot twist! This story is coming to an end. I would really like to complete for whoever is still reading it. And i thank you all for reading. I love this story. There will probaly be about 3 to 6 more chapters and then 'A Vengeful Love" will be complete. Please please tell me is you would like to see a prequal or sequel to this. Maybe a short story of matt and Jays love life and how they started to fall for eachother. Thank you all agian for reading and i will see you all next time!