Chapter 12: In The End

Demetrie P.O.V

He was the best at running. Thats all he did. He ran and ran and ran until all his problems went away. Not today. Not again. He could run. He could pretend everything would be ok. But he cant hide. Not anymore. "He can run. You can hide. But ill catch you. I will find you. And there is nothing you can do to stop me" i smiled and yelled after him as he bolted down path. I had been chasing him all the way to where he killed me. Down the path and under the branch of a pine tree. Three right turns and there it was. The tree where my life ended. And a new one began apparently. I chuckled as he looked for a way through the dense thicket. There was no where else to run. Nowhere left to hide "this game has really been fun. But im bored and i tire of your games." I spoke with venom lacing my voice. "Dem- Dem i never ment to hurt you. I never wanted to hurt you. I-im sorry. Im so sorry. It. It was just a prank-" he cut off quickly and looked at me with wide eyes. I glared back and stepped forward. "What was a prank. What did you do" i demanded. He looked at me with sad eyes and crashed to the ground. His head in his hands "i-it was a stupid prank. I-i got dared at a party. I never ment to hurt you. You know that!" I got angry. I slammed my hand into a tree and glared at him "What was a prank Jay! Tell me!" I yelled and looked at him. He had tears streaming down his face and gave a shaky sigh before standing and looking at me. "I asked you out on a dare. I had to make you fall in love with me. And then break your heart. I-i thought it would be easy. B-but i was wrong. I fell for you. Hard. I didnt know what to do i was so scared dem, i loved you so much i never wanted to cause harm. But the day i was going to tell you your brother showed up. And decided to take matters into his own hands. I-im so sorry dem. Im so sorry" he sobbed and held his head in his hands. At the moment i was frozen, i couldnt speak or think, I felt cold and sad and angry. "Y-you lied to me. You-" i stopped as the tears slid down my face. I wanted it to be false. I wanted him to tell me he was kidding and he fell for me naturally. I hated feeling this way. But i didn't hate him I couldnt.  I fell to my knees and looked at the dirt. It was still turned and messy from when i dug out. But i just wanted to climb back in and die. I wanted to stay dead thinking he loved me naturally. I heard footsteps walking towards me and Jay fell to his knees in front of me. He pulled me close and held me tightly as i sobbed into his chest. I felt sad. And tired. I felt so tired now. I just wanted to sleep. I wanted to sleep foreve- i stopped crying. I breathed in Jays sent and looked up at him "thats why i came back. I-i realize that now. Not for revenge or a second chance. I came back for the truth" i said softly. And looked up at him. "I forgive you. Im sorry. I-im so sorry" i muttered "Im tired Jay. Im so tired" i mumbled and fell forward into his chest once more." He caught me and held me close. I breathed in his sent once more and sighed softly. "Im dying Jay." I said softly. I felt him choke out a sob and squeeze me tighter. I let tears run down my face as he held me. And i grew more tired. I knew i was dying. I had gotten my answer. But not my revenge. My hand wrapped around the cold object in my sleeve. I looked up and kissed Jay slowly. Taking my time "i love you" i whispered against his lips. He smiled sadly at me and nodded "i love you too. So much" he muttered and gave me another soft peck. I pulled my sleeve back. And glanced over Jays shoulder before turning back to him. "I always loved you. And im sorry" i mumbled at him. He shook his head and looked at me "you never did anything to me. You were so good to me. I love you so mu-" he choked on his words. Looking at me with wide eyes before coughing up small bits of blood. The cold item i had hid in my sleeve was a knife. And i had plunged it right in his back. "True friends stab you in the front. But you were never true to begin with. You were a backstabber. So i returned the favor" i spoke quietly. He gasped for words looking at me before nodding slightly he fell against me and placed a kiss on my shoulder before sputtering and growing cold. I let out a sob and held him close. I had written a note. So when our bodies were found they would know. Everyone would know. My story. Our story. He was mine. Forever now. My revenge was sweet and beautiful. I gently laid Jay under the tree and laid next to him. It was finished. I grew even more tired and closed my eyes softly. I wonder what the papers would say. I smiled softly.
"I love you jay. I finally got what i deserved. Sweet revenge. For a vengeful lover" i whispered softly as my body went still. I breathed my final breath and grew still. I felt myself leave my body and this world all together. And join Jay. He looked at me and smiled. Taking my hand as we walked. And we kept walking.

((A/N: and thats the end! Thank you guys for reading and im sorry for such a late and sucky ending. I wanted to finish this story. And i just sat down and wrote what came to mind. Thank you again and i hoped you enjoyed!))