Chapter 5

I had been back at school for a little more than a month now.

I tutor Jason, even though he doesn't need much help.

Tomorrow was the football game.

And today is also exactly a week before the court date.

So overall I am stressing.

In the halls I managed to avoid almost everyone! That is everyone except Maddie. But today she didn't say anything, or do anything to me.

During homeroom, Jason sat with me.

"Hey! You're coming to the game tomorrow, right?"He said, excitedly.

"That's the plan." I said, in a whisper.

"Okay, good!" He said.

I have been getting closer to Jason. As much as I hate to admit it.

We spend time outside of school and tutoring, and I do enjoy it.

I think I like him, but I don't know what that feels like so I don't know. He is very nice, respectful, and fun when we spend time together. I really do believe I like him, and I hope he likes me back.

I still haven't told anyone about my parents, and the custody battle. Then again hardly anyone would care.

Every night I pray that my "mom" wont win. I know she can't win, if she does I'm going to run away.

That may seem intense, but it's true. I can't look at her without cringing, how could I live with her?

Any way, I was so nervous for tomorrow. What if I embarrass myself in front of the school, or in front of Jason?

Stay positive, I reminded myself. Everything will be okay.

I kept that thought inside my head, as I walked to first period.

I also kept it with me the whole day. As I walked to my car at the end of the day, I was still trying to be positive.

When I woke up the next day, I was still trying to stay positive.

I made it through the day. But the hard part was soon to come. The difficult part was going to the game.

Not wanting to embarrass myself in front of the school, and of course, Jason.

So when I got home, I changed. Right away. I grabbed a shirt with our school name on it, some light wash jeans, and my Uggs.

I was excited to see Jason play, mainly because thats almost all he ever talks about. He is excited, and seeing him excited makes me excited.

So, I waited. He said he would pick me up, but he isn't here yet.

When I finally got a text from him, I couldn't help but be a little disappointed.

From Jason: Hey, I will be there soon. I had to pick up Maddie first. She said she needed to talk to me about something, and that she needed a ride. I will be there in 5. You're gonna have to sit in the back though.

To Jason: It's okay. I will drive there by myself.

From Jason: Suit yourself.

He doesn't care. Now I realize, he probably never did. He just needed someone to tutor him, that is what I did. He doesn't need anymore friends, and that's okay. I guess.