Chapter 9

"Why did you kiss me!" I yelled at him.

"I had to!" He yelled back.

"You 'had to' steal my first kiss!" I yelled.

"Your first kiss?" He said, shocked.

"Yeah! Did you expect the 'nerd' to have kissed someone!" I yelled. "Nobody even talks to me! Why would I have kissed someone!"

"I didn't know. Okay." He said, in a whisper.

"Whatever." I said, before trying to walk away.

Key term is trying.

He grabbed my arm, and pulled me to his chest.

"I'm sorry, but I don't regret it. If that makes sense. I've been waiting to do that for two years." He whispered in my ear.

"Two years?" I asked.

"Two years." He stated.

"Oh... Well I have to go now. So bye!" I said, before running to my car.

That was an adventure. I kept that thought in my mind as I drove home.

When I got home, I saw my dad's office door open. As I walked in, I heard him talking to a lawyer.

"What do you mean! The case was supposed to be held in three days! Not tomorrow! The judge told me that!" He yelled at the lawyer.

"Sir, you must understand that changes happen." The lawyer said.

"Not like this! What about Liz! She isn't ready for it to be tomorrow! Talk to the judge!" Dad said.

"I will do what I can. I'll be back tomorrow with news on the case." The lawyer said, before standing and walking out the door.

I took the opportunity to walk into his office.

"Dad? Are you okay?" I asked.

"No. Honestly not at all." He said.

"It'll be okay. I'm not letting Sheila Bart take me." I stated.

"But Sheila Bart is your mother." He said.

"No she is not. I only have a dad, and that you." I stated.

"I love you baby girl." Dad said.

"I love you too dad. Sheila won't break us apart dad, I promise." I said.

"Okkay honey, I believe you. Now go to bed, it's already 8." He said.

"Okay. Goodnight dad." I said.

"Goodnight Lizzy." He said.

I couldn't sleep thouh. I stayed up wondering what would happen if Sheila won. It scared me.

So in the morning when dad told me that the court date had been changed back to the original date, I was relieved.

I had two days until I faced my biggest fear.

I had two days left with my dad.

I had two days until my future was decided, for better or worse.

And I was scared.