Chapter 7

The next day I went shopping to buy stuff for soccer. I got cleats, shin guards, a soccer ball, and socks.

I was somewhat prepared. Somewhat. I knew how to play the sport, but never really tried.

Try outs were a week from tomorrow, and I promised myself I wouldn't get nervous.

We are also getting a new student today, all I know is that he's a senior.

I am still disappointed about Jason, but now I know that I have to move on. He obviously doesn't care about me.

With that thought running through my head, I continued getting ready for school. I also grabbed all my soccer stuff, and through it in a bag. I don't tutor for anyone anymore, so I decided to go to the field and practice later.

I got ready, ran downstairs, and immediately knew something was wrong.

My dad was home, and crying.

"Dad?" I called out.

"Yeah honey." He said, trying to muffle the cries.

"Are you okay in there?" I asked.

"Yeah, don't worry about it. Go to school before you're late." He said.

"We are going to talk about this later." I said, as I grabbed my keys.

"Okay." Was the last thing he said, before I walked out the door.

As I drove to school, I thought about the new kid. Would he be nice? Or would he be funny? I had no idea. All I knew was that I was excited.

Walking into the school wasn't nerve wracking for once. Everyone greeted me, and talked about what I said to Maddie. It felt great!

Once I got to homeroom, I noticed a boy sitting in the seat next to mine. Jason usually sat there, but he probably moved closer to Maddie.

I sat down, nervously. But I was also excited.

"Hi." I said, quietly. "My name is Elizabeth."

"Hey, I'm Liam." He said, perkily.

"So you're the new kid I've heard talk about?" I asked, stupidly.

"Yeah..." He said, fiddling with his fingers.

"It's not a bad thing! I just wanted to be able to meet you!" I said.

"Oh! Then I'm Liam, and I love soccer, basketball, and lacrosse!" He said.

"Did you say soccer!" I said.

"Yeah, I have a scholarship to Yale for soccer." He said, proudly.

"That's awesome! I have an academic scholarship there!" I said. "And I'm trying out for the soccer team this year."

"First year?" He eaked.

"Yeah, I'm just nervous I'll get cut." I said.

"If you want I could help you?" He asked, kindly.

"That'd be great." I said.

Then Jason walked in.

Lets just say he was not happy that someone was in his seat.

"What do you think you're doing!" He barked at Liam.

"Sitting. Duh!" Liam said back.

I was laughing at that comment, but Jason didn't find it all that funny.

"That's MY seat!" Jason screamed.

"Jason sit down!" Mr. Connors said.

Jason glared at Liam, and sat down next to Maddie.

And that was just the beginning.