Chapter 10

Two days later I was sitting in a courtroom. My dad sitting next to me. My 'mom' sitting on the opposite side of the room. And the judge sitting in the front of us.

My 'mom' went first, explaining her reasoning on why she should get full custody of me.

I scoffed at every word that came out of her mouth. From, "She has always been my baby girl," and "My boyfriend and I would be amazing caretakers."

When my dad stood up to explain himself, I was praying.

He started off with the video I had.

It was from when my mother was drunk and abusive. She was hitting me in the certain video.

Dad explained that it had been a day when he was at work, and that he didn't want me in a house with her.

Then the judge asked me about who I would rather live with. My answer was, of course, my dad.

The judge then went into a seperate room to decide.

While he was deciding, I thought back to Jason.

I knew why he kissed me. But how could he ever like me? Then again his lips seemed perfect for mine. I felt so lost. Of course I liked him, but was he worth the risk?

As I was lost in thought, the judge returned.

This moment would change everything. For better or worse.

"I grant Mr. Samuel White full custody of Elizabeth White." He said, firmly.

And in that moment, I swear I was ecstatic.

I knew I liked Jason, and was willing to give it a try. I knew I would live with my dad. And I knew from the continuous help from Liam, I was becoming better at soccer.