Chapter 13

A couple weeks later was our first game.

Jason was coming with my dad, and they really seemed to get along.

I was number 10 in soccer, like Jason was in football.

Coach had me starting as center forward, which was what I was used to playing in practice.

I was so nervous, but so excited.

We had to win, we just had to!

So when the game started I was so excited.

We got the kick off. I passed the ball to Hailey, the right forward, and she passed the ball back to Val, the center midfield. She then passed it to me. I took the chance, and sprinted the ball up the field. Then I shot and scored.

The crowd went crazy, but my eyes were only on Jason.

The game continued. In the end we won 7-1. I scored four of the goals.

After the game, I walked off the field with my team to meet up with Jason and dad.

"Honey I'm so proud of you!" My dad said, as I approached.

"I am too babygirl." Jason said.

"Thank you both!" I said, hugging them both.

"You played so good." Jason whispered in my ear.

"Thanks babe." I whispered back.

Then we walked hand in hand, my dad trailing behind us, back to the car.

Jason invited me to his house so we could spend time together.

So he drove me to his house, instead of going to mine.

Dad had a date tonight as well. I decided to stay out of his hair for a night.

Liam was doing great, and got a boyfriend. His name is Steven, and he's an amazing guy. They are adorable together!

But I thought I was the luckiest. I had an amazing boyfriend, an amazing best friend, a scholarship to Yale, my dream school, and I lived with my dad.

It couldn't ever get better than that.

Thats what I thought at least.