Desire

They landed in a heap in Skyhold.

Solas caught Fen'Asha and she embraced him.

Whereas Sera embraced stone flooring.

Sunlight was piercing from the stained glass of the windows as the energy of Skyhold encompassed them. Peace. Quiet. Grace.

Morrigan raised her arms in a flourish and her eluvian ceased its radiance. She nodded and leaned against the nearby rock wall, catching her breath. "It is finished," she said.

"It's not," said Sera, getting up. She strode to the middle of the room, staring into the blankness that was now the eluvian.

Cassandra pulled Samson roughly to his feet.

"You stay right there," said Sera. She had an arrow trained on the witch.

"What are you..." spluttered Morrigan.

"About Mythal," said Sera.

"You stupid girl," said Morrigan. She petitioned the Inquisitor with outstretched palms.

Sera loosed the arrow and it sailed all of three feet before Morrigan caught it with an outstretched palm and crushed it into wood chips and feathers.

"I do expect an explanation," said the witch. "And do not wait overlong, girl. My serenity wears thin in light of your self-indulgent belligerence."

"You...you're," Sera attempted.

"Yes?" said Morrigan. She raised an eyebrow.

"You've been steeping around in shitty pools is what," said Sera.

"Shitty pools?" Morrigan said. She waved her hand. "I tire of you."

Fen'Asha stayed Sera's hand from reaching for another futile arrow.

Morrigan brushed by the elf and headed for the door. "There are more pressing concerns than assuaging the rank concerns of an insignificant reprobate with an appalling haircut."

"Haircut?" spouted Sera. "That all you got, you dippy minger?"

Morrigan was in the courtyard by then and the Inquisition turned to face the rogue and her bow, still extended despite lacking an arrow.

"She was the one wading around in that...place," said Sera. "She...I was testing her. See if she was still real. Or something."

"To see if she was real?" said Fen'Asha, carefully tucking Sera's lost arrow into the quiver.

"Yeah?" said Sera. "Could've been replaced by some she-beast from the sea."

"And the arrow would've..." Cassandra began after swatting a chortling Samson on the top of the head.

"I heard that if you're possessed, the demon will defend itself against an attack," said Sera. She lowered the bow. "So sense being sense and arrows being arrows, it's..."

"Yes?" said Fen'Asha.

"Stop laughing, Solas," said Sera.

"Enough," said Cassandra. "We have business. I will assist him to his cell and inform Leliana of our location." She lugged Samson out of the room.

Sera watched as the door closed again, then scanned Solas and Fen'Asha as they drew closer together. "No way," she said.

Solas raised an eyebrow.

"You two probably want to be alone," she huffed. "Fine. I'm not interested in watching you go all legs over tits for each other."

Fen'Asha giggled.