Chapter 1 : And he was a goner...

Chapter 1: And he was a goner...

Ariel's POV

She just lies on her bed, staring wide eyed, at the pale coloured ceiling of her room, as the sun rises slowly, making the shadows of her window curtains move very slowly. A beeping is heard as she realises her alarm clock go off on the side table beside her bed.

It's been 2 years since that fateful event occurred, that changed her life completely. 2 years since she's struggling to get some sleep as the nightmares still keep coming back, making her the best case of insomnia.

Ariel Carter, 17 years old, dark brown curly hair, wide blue eyes, bags under her eyes, a particular set of friends, an above average student of Brooklyn Woods Highschool. But that's where average ends for Ariel. She's had a rough past, her parents left her when she was just 3, she lives alone and her aunt poses as her legal guardian.

Ariel comes out of her daze, looking out of her window, as she sees the light streaming in through her window. She sees the window of the house next door, it's been unoccupied as far as she can remember. Rumours had it that it had been brought by a woman, and that she'd shift any day now. She was anything but happy to hear that. After all, detection of the fact that she lived alone, while her legal guardian, her aunt, was away working hard to make a living for her sake, was the last thing she wanted.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jumping off her bed, being careful not to fall with her blanket wrapped around her legs, which was a common thing in her everyday morning routine, she directly went towards the bathroom, with a towel in one hand and her clothes in another.

One hour later, she was all cleaned up and dressed, ready to face the dreaded building called school, in her small town of Woodsville. She glided down her room, through the staircase, into the living room, and finally entering the kitchen, she collected an apple from the basket on the kitchen island, which was her only breakfast, since she lived alone, and burning down the house with her cooking skills early morning was not something she was very fond of. Her aunt made sure to make her breakfast whenever she visited Ariel, during Ariel's vacations and holidays. After finishing her apple and chugging down a bottle of sparkling water, she sat on the living room couch, scrolling through her phone, to check for any texts, as she waited for her best friend, Sienna Hastings.

Now, one thing you should know about Sienna is that, although she is Ariel's best friend, she is the exact opposite of her. With jet black, straight hair, a pointed, pixie nose, bright grey eyes with always a glint of mischief in them. She always had something up her sleeves, very feisty, sharp-mouthed and anger always on the tip of her nose. Yet she didn't cease to attract attention, all thanks to her looks. Although she was a cheerleader, She wasn't the typical type. She didn't sit with or date the jocks, infact she hardly even spared them a glance.

Sienna has had some family issues, which are only known to Ariel, due to which she is very suicidal. Ariel couldn't believe that a girl so beautiful and with a perfect life, had a screwed up family, that always made her talk about death.

She was pulled out of her daze, yet again, by her phone ringing. She picked it up, without looking at the caller id, "Hello, this is Ariel Carer, who are you looking for?" to which the caller replies, "This is her best friend, Sienna, who has been using her car horn for the past 15 mins like a crazy woman, and yet she has yet to come out of her house...". Sienna's snarky comments were what made Ariel's day, it made her smile, knowing that no matter what, this feisty, little girl always had Ariel's back. She chuckled, thinking what Sienna would reply if she heard Ariel call her little.