Chapter 12 : The Need to Get Her Back

Ariel's POV
When I opened my eyes, I was met with a very messy, dirty apartment. It looked so familiar, almost like it had been my home before. But I couldn't remember it. The smell of sweat, dampness along with dirty laundry, stung my nose, and I was hit with another wave of nausea. I tried getting up, but then I realised I was in cufflinks. They binded my movements. Everytime I tried to make a move, the cuffs jiiggled and made sharp noise.

I hissed at my bruised head, from the fall I suppose, in my bathroom.

That's when it all came back to me. The car blast, an injured Alex, my nausea, vomiting before falling into the bathroom floor, when Harry came in. The last thing I remember was his distinct smell before I blacked out.

But right now, I felt like puking again. From the smell in the room and the cuff links limiting my movements.

When I thought I'd vomit again, I just dry heaved. Then I remembered, I hadn't had anything to eat since breakfast. When I moved my eyes towards the window (God knows how I know where the window is), I saw it was dark outside. What Alex might be doing.

'Oh my gosh! Alex! I hope he's fine!' I thought, as I realised he might be in the hospital. I started to struggle against the cufflinks, but to no avail.
Rather, the cufflinks dug more into my bruised wrists, making me wince and fall onto the floor again.

This has Harry written all over it. It has to be him, the car blast, and now this stupid kidnapping of me.

I was leaning against the wall, unconsciously rubbing my belly, when I heard the door open and someone walked in, standing right in front of me.

When I glanced up, my eyes widened as I realised it was Harry. But he was so different now, than before.

He had fiery, curly reddish-browm hair. A regal nose, his smile being his special feature, that drew me to him. His smile was such an easy one, it came to him naturally.

But now that Harry, well he was completely different. He'd changed so much, over the last 2 years.
He had been lean, with a little belly.
Now, that Harry was nowhere to be seen. In place of that was someone else, altogether. Someone I hardly even recognised, if it wasn't for his still same hair.

He had grown muscles, almost as huge as Alex, if not less. His arms were covered with tattoos. I could see a Jesus tattoo on his chest, as the first top three Buttons were unbuttoned.

He seemed to have been staring at me this whole time as I stared back at him.
Then he smirked at me and said, "Hey, Ariel. How have you been, darl? Long time, no see, huh?" And came closer. I immediately retracted myself away from him, as much as my cufflinks allowed me to.

He feigned a hurt expression as he said, "No kisses? No greetings? No, nothing?" As sat down next to me.

"Gosh, is it just me or is it really hot in here..." he said, as he pulled his shirt over his head.

I was shocked, that was the understatement of the year. His whole body was covered with tattoos. But what scared me was the fact that most of the tattoos were of me, my face, sometimes smiling, sometimes laughing, crying, thinking...everything I ever did.

I hadn't uttered a word up until now, but now I had to ask, "Harry, what have you done to yourself?" But he laughed evilly. I couldn't believe that this was the laugh I was once in love with. But now, as he laughed, I thought about how Alex's sounded when he laughed, and a smile immediately made it's way into my lips.

"Don't laugh, bitch!" He shouted, making my smile vanish as he slapped me, hard.
"I..I-uh...wasn't...not laughing...uh-wasn't laughing at you..." I stuttered, when another slap came into my cheek, making it sting and my eyes watered.