Chapter 5 : Drunk Apologies

Ariel's POV

"Stop! Don't kill us, we aren't robbers. The owner of this house is a dear friend of mine!" was what Ariel heard as she jumped into her room. Then she realised, it was none other than...Stefan. "Stefan! What the heck are you doing here! You just gave me a mini heart attack!" yelled Ariel, all flushed from being surprised. "Ooh! So I gave you a heart attack, huh!? Atta girl, I knew you had a thing for me..." said Stefan with a playful smirk, as Ariel rolled her eyes. She was about to give him a snarky reply when someone from behind Stefan mumbled, "Hey, don't flirt with her...we have already sorted out which girl I chase and which one you do..." when Stefan stepped aside, Ariel's eyes widened.

In front of her was very, very, VERY adorable looking Alex, deep in sleep, on her bed. She couldn't help but smile at the scene in front of her, then she turned towards Stefan with a questioning glare, "Mind explaining me, why the heck your best friend is sprawled on my bed, and is that alchohol I smell!?" to which Stefan said with a shrug, "Yeah, i had a couple of beers, that's all. But this guy here, he has God knows how many, and i couldn't take him to his place or mine, so I brought him here, since your aunt always works anyway, sorry Ariel" was what Stefan said with sincerity in his eyes. She decided to let them off the hook, since both the boys looked drunk and tired as hell.

"Stefan, why don't you too stay back and drive home tomorrow, we have a weekend anyway? You are in no place to drive yourself home, God only knows how you managed to drive all the way to my place" said Ariel, the look of concern clear on her face, Stefan replied, "Ari babe, im Stefan Peterson, I can hold my alchohol like no one else" it was now that Ari noticed how slurred his speech was.

So she did the only thing that came to her mind and called up Sienna. About 15 minutes lates, the door bell rang and Ari rushed towards it. She opeaned it to find a flushed Sienna, her cheeks pink from the cold outside. As she came in her face lost all its color. Then Ariel connected all the dots and realised what she had just done, she just invited Sienna for her worst nightmare, as both the girls faced Stefan, already fast asleep on Ariel's living room couch.

"Oh Lord, have mercy on me!" was what Ariel mumbled as she looked between Sienna and a sleeping Stefan, then she started in a panicky voice, "Sienna, you should go. It's okay, I can handle him-" which Sienna interrupted with a slight shudder, her eyes still on Stefan's sleeping form, "I have to face it, its now or never. Anyway, what do u plan to do with this drunkard?" said Sia, taking in a deep breath. "Oh, nothing really. I just wanted someone with me while I was sleeping in an empty house with 2 dead drunk, teenage, hormonal boys. Thank you so much for coming over at such a short notice." Said Ari, thinking of the other cute drunkard in her room, on her bed. "Why are you suddenly being so formal with me? I'm hurt, doesn't mean you have to be so formal with me, okay?" asked Sia, in a mock warning tone, and Ari simply nodded with a ghost of a smile on her face. "Now, that we've sorted that out, mind telling me who this other 'drunk, teenage, hormonal guy' is?" asked Sia, with curiosity gleaming in her eyes, Ari ignored her question and simply blushed. "Oh okay, wait! Let me guess...it's Alex, that cutie, isn't it!? Oh, Ari! You're so cute when you blush...oh my god! You blushed, that means you totally like him!" shreiked Sia, "Fine, whatever! But keep you're calm, you crazy woman! With the frequency in which you just shreiked, you're gonna wake up both the boys!!" said Ari, not even trying to decline the fact that Sia just said Ari had a crush on Alex, which wasn't exactly wrong, either anyway.

"Okay, so that we've come to the conclusion that you finally are crushing on Alex, let's go to bed." Said Sia with a triumphant smile, Ari just rolled her eyes at her best friend and said "You go and sleep in the guest bedroom, while I go and check on Alex, who's asleep on my bed. I'll join you in sometime, yeah?" to which Sia replied with a cheeky grin "Ofcourse, and no you are not expected to join me in the guest room. You have a queen-sized bed, you you may just go and share the bed with Alex. Oh and no funny business, even though I totally approve of Alex and you. K good night, sleep tight, bye!" she literally ran towards the guest bedroom and slammed the door shut even before Ari could argue about this lame idea of her idiot of a best friend to get her and Alex together. She quietly thanked God that no one was around to hear her partial confession about Alex, and since Stefan was fast asleep, she was even more grateful.