Chapter 3 : Aah...Jealousy

Chapter 3: Aah...Jealousy

Ariel's POV

The dinner went quite well, better than Ariel expected. It wasn't awkward, at all. Alex's mom was around the same age as her aunt, and just as cool. Other than Sienna and Stefan's continuous bickering, those two idiots, everrything went well. She caught Alex stealing secret glances at her numerous times, but she decided to ignore it, and enjoy the amazing food. She also noticed, that after dinner, as she went and joined Alex's mom in the kitchen to clean up along with Stefan, surprisingly, Sienna and Alex went and sat in the living room, talking in hushed tones.

Even Stefan noticed this and poked Ariel and whispered to her, "heyy do you know what's up between your friend Sienna and Alex, they've been behaving really weirdly since the dinner..." to which she just shrugged and went back to drying the dishes that he was doing, while Alex's mother readied the desert.

One thing that Ariel noticed was that, she had judged Stefan wrong. He might have been a player, but that was completely his own personal life and he could do whatever he wanted, but he was a really good friend to Alex and that made her change her attitude towards Stefan, now she was more warm towards Stefan.

After they dried their hands, Stefan pulled her into the hallway and whispered to her, "Hey Ari! I mean Ariel, can I call you Ari? Ariel is too long, man" he asked, scratching the nape of his neck,awkwardly. Ariel rolled her eyes, and poked his cheek, saying "Ofcourse, you cutie!" and laughed as his cheeks turned pink. Then He said, "Heyy! Did you just call me, Stefan Peterson, a cutie!!?" he seemed horrified at the idea of someone calling him a 'cutie' and this made Ari laugh even more.

"Okay, okay! Call me whatever, now listen. Sienna and Alex are upto something and I want to find out, but for that we have to behave like we are upto something too..." he said in a serious tone, he looked like a small kid making a plan to hide his cookies somewhere in his room, and Ari smiled at that thought. "So.........?" asked Ari confused, trying to figure out what he was trying to do. "So...we act like we are also planning something, we show them that we are also talking something secretly, make them feel ignored" said Stefan like it was the most obvious thing in the world. Ari nodded, like a little kid being made to understand to keep away from strangers.

"So, you in, or what?" asked Stefan, a bit nervous about Ari's answer. Ari said, "Ofcourse!" and smiled and offered a high five which Stefan replied to enthusiastically.

"Okay, what the f*** is going on here? Why the F*** is MY bestfriend giving high fives to the biggest player of our school?" came the shrill voice of Sienna, echoing through the hallway. Ariel saw Alex right beside Sienna, just as mad as Sienna, but he was directing his cold stare towards Stefan. Stefan and Ari, both ignored Sienna and Alex's presence and smiled at one another, the Stefan asked, "Ari, babe I'm picking you up tomorrow for school, be ready by 7.45, yeah?" to which Ari replied with a "Yep" and hugged Stefan, surprising both herself as well as Stefan, but Stefan hugged her back after a moment and when they broke apart from their embrace, both she and Stefan were greeted with hurt and anger in Sienna and Alex's eyes.

"Sienna, I've already told mum that you both are leaving so you both might as well go on ahead towards your place. And Stefan, are you staying back at my place?" said Alex, and gave Sienna a side hug, although the gesture was small, it somehow pinched a part of Ari's heart but kept a straight face. Then she noticed Stefan's jaw going tight when Sienna smiled at Alex and said her good night.

"Yeah, I think I'll stay here. I've to pick up Ari babe in the morning anyway, so I might as well sleep in since its already getting late." Said Stefan, winking at Ari. Ari just gigled at her new friend's antics while Alex, for some reason, just kept glaring at his own best friend.