Chapter 14 : Waiting...

5 years later...

Ariel's POV
I was out for about 4 weeks. Due to lack of sleep and food, too much stress and tiredness, I went into a temporary coma. By the time I was well enough to talk, the hearings in the court had already been held.

And the worst part...Alex took the blame of shooting Harry on himself. It made bile rise up in my mouth every time I think about it. I don't know why he'd do that, but I was determined to wait for him, for as long as I had to.

He was mine, I was his. I could wait for eternity for him.

According to what Sienna said, since when the cops barged in, the gun was in Stefan's hand, he was charged guilty too. Which meant no Alex, no Stefan. It was just me and Sienna, against the world.

It's been 5 years since that day, and I haven't once looked back. Turns out, I really was pregnant, I delivered a healthy baby boy. What made me even more happy was he was the exact replica of my Alex.

I named him Caleb Storm, after Alex's late grandfather, who was his father figure in his life.
I was so proud of my baby, he was in every way like his father.
He played basketball, had his father's grey eyes, brunette hair and that smile that has me everytime he threw one at me.

Alex wrote me a letter before he left for his jail time with Stefan. I read it every morning before I start my day, it's always been that way, the letter says,

Dear Ariel,
Always know that I love you. And whatever I did, was because I love you. I promised myself I'd protect you the day you said yes to being my girlfriend. Don't blame yourself for what happened, rather be proud about it. You shot a man for your injured boyfriend.
Anyway, jokes apart, I want you to move on. Go to college, start a fresh life, get a house, get a car. Move on with life. Don't wait for me, but I know you will, so no use saying that.
Stefan's worried about Sienna, take care of yourself as well as her.
Don't come to the prison to visit. I don't want you anywhere near that place. I don't want you to see me like that. I want to keep my image like the happy guy in your mind.
I'll love you, always...
Always yours,
Alex x

The first 2 years were tough, being a single mother. But I soon learnt to manage alone. I never told him about my pregnancy. I never got the chance to. When I asked Sienna about it, she too said it was better not to tell him yet.

According to Sienna, their punishment period was for 10 years. I still didn't understand why they were sent to jail when it was Harry who kidnapped me. He was dead anyway now. The judge said even if they killed a kidnapper, it was murder all the same. Whatever shit that was...

I graduated from college 2 years back, when Caleb was just 3, along with Sienna. She hasn't been visiting Stefan either, and she's waiting for him too.

Me and Sienna started up a bakery during the first year of college with some savings and a little help from my aunt. Now we have 2 bakeries across the town.

The bakery across the town is run by my aunt. The moment she got to know about this whole incident, she flew back here to be with me. And when she saw me in the airport, she found a 17 year old teen girl,with a slightly round belly.

She wasn't mad, just sad that Alex was not here to see the baby grow and to support me during my pregnancy.

I keep waiting for the damn 10 years to get over, but time is going at its own pace.