Chapter 4 : Stefan's Realisation

Chapter 4 : Stefan's realisation

ALEX'S POV

After lunch, Alex saw Sienna pull Ariel into one of the empty classrooms. When he asked Stefan if he knew something about it, Stefan at first had a thinking face, and then sudddenly realisation was shown into his face as he ran towards where Alex has earlier said the girls would be. Alex didn't know anything else, so he simply ran after Stefan, when he reached the empty classroom, he saw Stefan trying to calm down his heavy breathing while he evesdropped the girls' conversation going on inside the classroom. Alex had a feeling that Stefan's heavy breathing wasn't because of the barely some meters of running that they had done, but because of his increasing nervousness, which seemed to be coming off of Stefan in waves.

"Stefan-" Alex had just started to ask, when Stefan cut him off mid way with a harsh "Shhh..." and pointed through the small door opeaning towards what was happening inside the classroom. As Alex peeped a little more inside, he could make out two girls, one with her back towards them, the other facing them. The one with the back towards them was sobbing uncontrollably, while the other girl, the one facing them was keeping a piercing gaze as the sobbing girl, her eyes, a light blue, sparkling with curiosity...or was that a tear that he saw running down her pink cheeks before she quickly swiped it off.

Suddenly, Alexs' mind went back to the girl facing them, her eyes, so familiar. 'Oh! That's our girl! Ariel!' said his subconcious mind, he didn't like the way his mind had already considered Ariel, as 'his girl'. The other girl, as she kept talking, Alex realised was Sienna. Then Alex tried to make sense of what Sienna was saying between huge sobs that escaped her lips.

As he tried to make out the conversation between the two girls, he could barely make out a few words, but from what he could, he definitely got an idea of the situation that Sienna was in. But he was trying to figure out who the guy in this case was, when suddenly realisation hit him like a ton of bricks in the face. Sienna's first one was, indeed, none other than Stefan. As he saw Stefan staring into blank space, he could see his best buds eyes show different emotions all at once, he could make out guilt, regret, hurt, and something very deep, but he couldn't place a finger on it.

Then sudddenly, he saw the two girls, hug and exchange a few more words, after which, Ariel started pulling Sienna towards the door, the exact one outside which the boys were evesdropping on the girls. Panic set into Alex's mind as he was Stefan still in deep thought, he quickly pulled Stefan right into the next classroom as the girls swung the door open and started moving towards the hallway exit.

"What the f***, man!? We could have been caught just now, do you know how close we were to being caught red-handed!? That too evesdropping on the 2 girls we've been crushing on!" Alex said all this in such a hurry, that he didn't even realise what he just confessed, making himself sound like a teenage girl. "Look man, whatever this case is, all I know is, Sienna has been deeply hurt after what you did, and from the time since I've known her, which is not more than a couple of weeks,she's not one to just hold onto one thing and cry for it, she's gonna try her hardest and get over you. And Ariel will go to any lengths to save her best friend from getting hurt this time. So, if you want to get the girl, you better get ready for te toughest challenge of your life." Alex said in one breath and then sighed.

Stefan suddenly seems to have found his voice as he says, "Yeah, you're right, man! I'm gonna go and get her, I'm an idiot to have let her slip away from my hands so easily" and he rushed out of the class ina hurry, forgetting that school was still not over yet, only to be caught by the head mistress passing by, just their luck.

The boys end up with a detention for the rest of the day, Alex makes it a point to make Stefan realise that it was his stupid fault to have suddenly realised his mistake that had landed them in detention.