Chapter 11: Parties of a Lifetime

It took 15 minutes to get to the hospital. While riding in the back of the ambulance Lily held Greg's hand. Lily was glad that she was out of that place. The paramedics got Lily out of the ambulance and took her inside. Greg followed her and never left her side.

They rolled her back into the emergency room. The paramedics rolled her into an examination room. The paramedics left Lily and Greg in the room. A few minutes the doctor walked into the room. Greg knew that Lily was in some pain. "It looks like you need some stitches on your arms. Anything else I should know?" the doctor said.

There were some sadness in Greg and Lily's eyes. "Yes doctor I was pregnant. Is there any chance that I can conceive again?" Lily replied. Greg grabbed a hold of Lily's hand. "Ok let's check with ultra sound to see how bad the damage is," the doctor said. The doctor got the ultra sound machine. Lily pushed her shirt from her stomach. "This is going to be cold at first," the doctor said.

The doctor started to look at Lily's stomach. "How bad is it doctor?" Lily asked. "Well there is some damaged there. But it isn't bad so you two can start trying again when y'all are ready," the doctor replied. "That's good news doctor," Greg said. Greg and Lily smiled at each other. Lily was glad that they can try again.

The doctor handed Lily a towel so she could wipe the gel off her stomach. "Ok let's get the stitches in your arms now," the doctor said. "Ok," Lily replied. Before long the doctor stitched up Lily's cuts on her arms. "Thanks doctor," Lily said. The doctor just gave her a smile. The doctor left the room. "Ok let's get you home so you can rest," Greg said. "I'm ready to see home," Lily replied. They left the examination room and got into the car. When Lily got to the house it was a beautiful sight to her eyes. The first thing when she got into the house was take a bath. She hadn't had a bath for a couple of days. The warm water felt so good on her body.

It WAS 3 MONTHS LATER...

Lily was getting ready for the day. It was her final dress fitting before the wedding day. Her cousin Emily was tagging along with her for the day. When Lily put on her shirt she couldn't help to look at her arms. Randy had left scars on her arms. The scars gave her so many painful memories of the kidnapping. Some nights she would have nightmares.

Greg walked into the bedroom. "Hey Emily is here," Greg said. "Thanks Greg," Lily replied. Greg went to give Lily a hug. Then they went into the living room. "Hey cuz how are you holding up," Emily said. "I'm doing well. I still have some nightmares," Lily replied. "They will pass. We are going to have some fun today," Emily replied. "Hope so and I can't wail," Lily said. "Well I hate to leave you but I have to leave for work," Greg said. "I know see you tomorrow for the big day," Lily replied. "You know that I wouldn't forget about tomorrow can't wait for it to come. I'm going to marry this beautiful woman," Greg said. Lily couldn't help but to smile. Greg gave Lily a kiss and span her around in a circle. Greg left for work. "Ok let's get out of here," Emily said. "Agreed," Lily replied.

They got into the car and headed to the dress shop. Lily and Emily went into the shop. "Hello Ms. Taylor we were expecting you," the designer said. The designer took them to the dressing room area. Emily and Lily took a sit while the designer got the dress. It didn't take long for the designer to come back. Lily got up and went into the dressing room. She had put on the dress and came out the room. "WOW you look stunning. You know that I have to take a pic," Emily said.

"Yeah I know," Lily replied. Emily got her cell out. Lily posed and then Emily took a picture. "Please deliver my dress to The Chism House in Reno tomorrow at one pm," Lily said to the designer. "Yes Ms. Taylor," the designer replied. Lily went to take off the dress. Lily really like the wedding dress. She got her clothes back on and put the dress back on the hanger. Lily handed the dress back to the designer.