Seventh Year

*Oliver's POV*

Nothing much happened last year, Gryffindor won the quidditch house cup and I caught my sister Natalie kissing Aidan at the celebration party. I would've socked him, but he apologized heavily and I knew he was sorry, there was no point in being so uppity about it. Especially since he was graduating that year, so maybe it was the moment and he wanted to make some lasting memory.

But now Natalie, Samantha, and I were looking down the road of leaving Hogwarts as well. Natalie and I decided this year would be our best yet, saying we were going to cause some major havoc, just like dad and Uncle George had done in their last year.

"What're your plans after school?" Samantha asked as we sat around the Gryffindor common room.

"I'm going to go join our uncle Oliver's quidditch team," I said as the fire cracked in front of us.

"I'll be helping our father with the joke shop," Natalie shrugged, "what're your plans?"

"I haven't decided, but I want to be a part of the Ministry." Samantha mused quietly.

"I hope we all stay in touch," Natalie grinned.

"Of course we will," I snorted. "Come on, another game of chess!"

"I'd worry about our final exams but....I really don't care," Samantha shrugged.

"They aren't for several months, we have time," Natalie groaned as she sat up.

~*~*~

Months have passed and now it was time for our final exams, the last exams we would be taking for the rest of our lives. Unless you were training to be an auror, Uncle Ron told me about the process and it sounded taxing and tiring, two things I didn't want to be a part of. I was reviewing my ancient runes in the furthest part of the library in order to get peace and quiet.

Natalie was taking dad's method of studying, which was to study very little and wing it; she was always closer to him in habits than I was. I was like our mother when it came to school. I suppose not only our looks were either parent's but so were our personalities.

"Time to stand up," Maryann prompted when she appeared in front of me with her friend Astford.

"What's going on?" I looked up from my books and frowned.

"You have to stretch every once in a while, I was coming here and thought you may be here...thought I'd help," she shrugged slightly.

I smiled slightly as I stood, "Az. How're you?" I turned to the boy. He was leaving this year as well, which left Maryann with her two other Ravenclaw friends next year.

"I'm doing alright, taking a break from studying myself," he smiled.

"Can you believe we're leaving Hogwarts after this?"

Astford laughed slightly and shook his head, "never thought I'd see the day. I'll miss it here."

"Az is going to join the Ministry," Maryann grinned and high fived her best friend.

"Wicked, I'll be joining my uncle's quidditch team," I nodded.

Astford laughed, "you'll have to get me a few tickets here and there."

"Of course," I grinned.

"Well, sorry for distracting you. We came here to find a few books," Astford waved before walking off, Maryann grinned as she waved goodbye as I got back to work.

~*~*~

I walked out of my last exam of my life, making my way to sit beside the Black Lake, I closed my eyes and sighed. The school year went by in a blur, Gryffindor won the quidditch cup and Ravenclaw won the house cup. As I laid in the grass I heard footsteps and then I was being hugged tightly.

"We're done! It's over!" Natalie breathed out a sigh of relief.

"And to think, all we did this year was...destroy a hallway, cause a mass outbreak of pimples, set free a few pixies..." I listed off all the pranks we'd accomplished this year.

"Tonight is our big finale!" Natalie grinned.

"Dad promised to intercept all letters and howlers before mum got them," I sat up and smiled.

"Let's get to work then," Natalie said excitedly.

As we ran through the Gryffindor common room, I was stopped by my cousin James Potter who was standing in front of my door.

"Oliver, glad I found you, I need your advice--"

"Give me one minute," I smiled at him, Natalie ran in with her bag stuffed with fireworks. "Meet me in the astronomy tower in five. I'll help with the finale." Natalie grinned and ran off before I turned back to James.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"There's this girl...and well--"

"Are you nervous to ask her out?" I raised an eyebrow, my cousin James Potter was never nervous about anything. He nodded slightly, "well. There's one more Hogsmeade trip, ask her on it."

James smiled slightly, "any advice?"

I chewed on my bottom lip and nodded, reaching into my pocket for a firework and handing it to him, "use this. Trust me," I grinned.

"Thanks, mate," he muttered.

"I'm sorry I couldn't help more," I frowned.

James nodded slightly, "you're always a great help. I'll see you shortly."

"I was with you the entire time, but when I get back we can talk more," I pointed at him before running off to meet up with Natalie.

When I did, she had all our fireworks set up, pointed at the grounds, "ready when you are," she grinned.

I pointed my wand at the lighters on the fireworks and nodded, instantly they sprung to life and all different colors flew across the grounds of Hogwarts. I leaned against the railing with Natalie, we grinned at each other before I put my arm around her shoulders.

"I'm going to miss this place so much," Natalie whispered as a sputtering lion and snake galloped the grounds.

"I am too," I whispered.

"Mary will be fine on her own right?" Natalie looked at me concerned.

"She has people here to take care of her," I nodded.

"Right, you're right."

"I'm always right," I grinned as Natalie punched my ribs playfully.

"Come on, time to light up the school," Natalie grinned while grabbing her bag and climbing down the ladder of the Astronomy tower before we ran a muck through the halls. Lighting fireworks with every floor we ran through.

"Goodbye Hogwarts!" Natalie cried as she ran up the staircases.

"Remember us!" I cried with laughter as I set off my favorite fire dragon.

"Oh, I'm sure they will!" Natalie agreed as we raced to Gryffindor tower.

~*~*~

My dedication: a supporter of my works from the start, thank you :)

Only....one more chapter and it's over.....this story...I'm so proud of this story, it was the second one I ever wrote.

Thank you for reading, it truly means a lot to me.

I wish it couldn't end...but...it must. I'm so very proud of this story though. It may be my favorite one I've written. Next to my vampire one that is.