Realizations

*Riley's POV*

I groaned as another owl placed a blasting letter on my bed before taking off, I tried to throw it away before it blew up but it blew up in my face before I could make a move.

"That's the third one this week," Hermione commented as I waved my wand and the soot left my face.

"Don't remind me," I mumbled.

"What's going on?" Hermione asked as she came to sit on my bed with me, the other girls were slowly leaving the room for breakfast as I looked over her shoulder.

"You know what it is."

"Remind me."

"Fred and George's fan club? The girls who I foolishly told who I was and now they're using that against me," I got out of bed, grabbing my clothing for the day off my chair.

"Why not just tell Fred then?"

"He'll do exactly what those girls did to me," I shook my head. "The only reason why they're worse is because I'm dating Fred Weasley now...he just had to be the most wanted guy in the school."

"Aside from George, besides anyone could see how in love he was with you last year."

"Well, that's obvious," I smiled at her before quickly changing. "I just wish it'd stop, these threatening notes are getting worse."

"But the only way you can do that is to leave Fred," Hermione stated. I turned around and crossed my arms over my chest, sending her a pointed look, "oh no. That'd destroy him!"

I rubbed my face and nodded, "do you think I don't know that?! Everyday I walk to class I get tripped up and at least one of these...girls trips me on the vanishing steps on the stairs. If I fall through those steps one more time, I think I'll just stay there for the rest of the day."

"How're you getting so hurt?" Hermione asked outraged.

"When we leave for different classes, when I walk to dinner alone. There are many instances in which I'm not near you," I grabbed my bag and looked at her expectantly. "I'm going to see how Fred's holding up...and ask Madame Pomfrey to fix up my wrist."

"What happened to your wrist?"

I gave her a look before leaving the room, and as luck would have it, one of the girls from Fred's little fan club was leaning against the wall in front of me.

"Where do you think you're going, Daxton?" She sneered.

"Leave me alone, Claire," I stated. I wasn't in the mood to see her or any of them.

"Been getting our notes I see," she commented as she pointed to a burn mark on my robes.

"Yes, and while they're quite charming I must be off."

"You know he won't date you when he learns the truth right? No one would, no one wants to date a dea-"

I punched her square in her chest causing the air to leave her lungs, I wasn't in the mood for threats or even thinking about losing Fred. "Shut up, Claire. Or else," I hissed.

She gave a sneer before laughing, "you can't hurt me, you little bitch."

"I'm not a bitch!" I shouted.

"Yes, yes you are," she grinned. She knew she was getting to me, it was evident as I stood there shaking.

"Leave me alone."

"We'll leave you alone, but only if you leave Fred alone. You have until dinner tonight to leave him, do you understand?"

"No way! Last time we talked you gave me until the champions were chosen!" I seethed, these girls were unbelievable.