Dont break a promise to a Weasley

I dedicate this chapter to GryffGirl17 because we had a loooong discussion about Fred and George's meeting after he recovers! :)

I hope I did this chapter justice! Enjoy!

*George's POV*

            I was standing beside Fred's bed, Riley had been gone for a month now, she wouldn't tell me where she was exactly but I knew she was at the burrow. I didn't know if Riley had told my parents but I definitely knew Ginny knew what happened, her howler the day after Riley left was evidence of that. I didn't visit though, I knew the second I did there would be a fight between Riley and myself and I could imagine Ron and Ginny backing Riley up over me. I don't blame them for that choice, I had turned into a ruddy monster lately, who would stand up for me after everything I've done?

            "What happened, Freddie. Why is everything screwed up? Why am I such a ruddy idiot?" I whispered as I looked at my brother. 

            With a hand pulling at my hair I fell into a chair near the door and groaned, I hadn't drank since that night and I realized that Riley was right—I had become a rather hard drinker. I thought I had kept it down but obviously I had done a horrible job, I've beaten myself up every day for that; I wish I could go back and take this all back—maybe even save Fred while I was at it.

            I coughed slightly and wiped my eyes, I was actually crying, in front of my brother's hospital bed sobbing about everything—losing Riley, failing as a brother, breaking my promise, and most of all over Fred.

            "Look at this, George Weasley, crying. Now that's a sight that should be recorded."

            I looked up, the room was empty aside from Fred, and there was no way it was him...

            "God you're an ugly crier....and if we're twins, does that mean I am as well?"

            My eyes slowly searched Fred's bed and then his body and then his face, a pair of brown eyes shined as he observed me with an amused smirk on his face. "Fred?"

            "Hello, Georgie," Fred grinned at me. His voice was somewhat scratchy but he was still able to speak.

            "Is this real? Are you really talking to me? Are you seriously awake right now?" I asked shakily as I got up from my seat.

            "No, I'm a figment of your imagination. You're still sitting in that chair sobbing uncontrollably," Fred smiled at me. My heart sank as I sunk back into the chair, Fred laughed. "I can see that you've lost your sense of humor mate, come on now! Obviously I'm alive and well!!"

            "So you're not—"

            "No you idiot!" Fred laughed.

            I jumped up and laughed as I went to hug my brother, "I've been so worried about you, I really missed you."

            Fred patted my arm and smiled, "nice to know you care. Now, can you do me a favor and get my healer? I want to get out of here now."

            I nodded and hurried out of the room and down the hall, I found the information desk and asked where Cameron was, I was told that he was in the tea room and that the young witch would inform him to come as soon as possible.

            I walked back to Fred's room and found him relaxing against his pillows.

            "So what have I missed?" Fred grinned at me.

            I took my chair and rubbed my neck, "a lot." I didn't want to tell him anything, although it may be a smart idea seeing as we were in a hospital so when he decided to murder me I could just crawl down the hall and let a healer fix me. I looked at the small night stand beside him and noticed a strengthening potion, so he kept his strength...great. I'm dead.