Battle of Hogwarts

*Riley's POV*

I gripped my broom and drifted in no particular direction, I pulled my wand out and held it against me as I flew. I saw giants as I edged the forbidden forest, giant spiders were moving around the trees. My heart stopped as I noticed something far off in the distance, I made my way towards it to investigate when I made out what I was seeing. Voldemort and his death eaters were standing along the edge of a hill staring at the castle as the barriers went up, I froze as I stared at the vast number of death eaters; granted I guessed a few people were under the imperius curse, but there were loads. Maybe even more than we could handle.

The familiar cold feeling that I got when dementors were close filled me and I sped towards one of the towers of the castle, but I felt my broom jerk and stop and I was flung off—hanging by only my hands. I looked below me and saw a group of black cloaks waiting for me to fall, I gripped the broom and swung myself back and forth until I was back on; but I couldn't move. My broom jerked backwards and I felt myself descending, I looked around wildly and noticed wands pointed at me, damn it.

"Well, if it isn't Samantha Daxton, " the last person I wanted to see right now greeted me as five pairs of hands grabbed me and held me in my spot on the hill.

"Well, if it isn't Tom Riddle," I sneered back. I was slapped harshly and I saw anger flash across the Dark Lord's face before he fixed a glare at me.

"How dare you...."

"How dare I?" I scoffed, "how dare you. You think you can just try and scare us into obeying you? You think you can take over the Ministry and start hunting what you determine as filth? Well think again, because if you think you can just come here and stomp all over us I suggest you retreat. We will fight you and we will win, there's nothing you can do to win."

"You stupid, daft girl! Don't you dare think that you can stand there and defy me, I rule you and I will crush you for your insolent tongue." Voldemort stepped closer to me and he tried to make himself at least a foot taller, "you're just like your foolish mother, Samantha. You believe that you can stand up to a superior force and remain unscathed, but need I remind you what happened to her."

"My mother was the smartest woman I know," I lifted my chin, I felt nails dig into my arm and I flinched at the pressure.

"She was an idiot," Voldemort grabbed my collar and lifted me up on my toes just to throw me down to the ground where I held my throat. Voldemort scoffed, "well of course that's the version you were told. What lies you've been told...your father was a very loyal subject of mine, although many here will tell you how much of a lowlife he was, your mother was very naïve and easily manipulated. She couldn't take it anymore so she ran from him, Alexa simply couldn't handle it."

"You mean being married to an idiot lemming who ended up believing in a fool who was destroyed by a mere baby?" I smirked.

Pain, intense pain coursed through my body as I cried out, I curled into a ball—thinking it was a safe position. Tears streamed down my face as I smelled the earth beneath me, I felt someone grab my arm and I was hoisted up.

"You killed them yourself, didn't you?" I whispered as I looked into his red eyes.

Voldemort smiled a crooked smile, "Yes, I watched the light leave your dear mother's eyes. I just regret, that you weren't there to witness any of it."

"I was there to see my house burn, that was a lovely sight," I smiled sweetly.

"It was a warning," he lifted my arm high above my head and I winced at the strain. "a warning stating to run and hide, because someday I'll come for you... and when I do, I will kill you."