Heartbreak </3

Its been at least three weeks since I moved from home, and I'm scheduled to make a trip back in a week and a few days. Ella and I have gotten so close. She allowed me to stay at her place until the company set up my place. I am now in a condo looking "home" (Kinda like a fancier hotel room). I'm always working on my writing, improving my story, and increasing the level of emotions. I even got to meet Brian, Ella's fiancé, two nights ago. It went... Yeah. (Facepalm) She ended up staying over with me, and I don't think she's going to go home anytime soon.... I hear a knock on my office doors, seeing Ella carrying two containers of ice cream. Let's just say, Ella is no longer engaged....
"Hey," I offer a smile.
"Hi." She sits down in the lounge chairs, her grieving look imprinted on her face since the night he tried to kiss me.
"I started to think you weren't coming back, which I won't hold against you if you don't." I joke, seeing a small smile form.
"I ran into a couple, and I ended up in Muddy Monkeys bathroom, applying more makeup." She sniffs, no trace left of her tears.
"He doesn't deserve you if he's making moves on other women." I get up and join her, placing my hand gently on top of hers in sympathy.
"I wanted him." She meets my eyes, and I can tell she's trying to hold it all in. She wipes away her fallen tears and takes a deep breath, taking another bite of her ice cream. "I'm going to be fine." She murmurs, more to herself. I feel my phone vibrate and I look to see what else is on my schedule for today.
"Well, Mrs. Union wants to talk to me, so I'll be right back." I set my ice cream in the mini ridge they provided me with, and I sneak out. I know she wants me to call her Jacklin, but it feels so inappropriate for my boss. Turns out, she just wanted to find out how my writing is coming, and to make sure I was on task and not focusing too much on the fact of going home. "Sure, I am getting a little sidetracked, but I can't help it. I've never been away this long...." I nervously reply while Mrs. Union circles her twisted chair.
"That's understandable." She hums, her pin on the edge of her lips. Her heals click as she walks to an open briefcase on her side table. She picks up a half sheet of paper, before walking to me. I have always felt under dressed around Mrs. Union, but she always comments my style. (Which is good, right?) She hands me what seems like a bus ticket, and smiles friendly. "I hear you and Ella Randoff have gotten close, so, I am offering her a paid break." I look down at the plane ticket, and I gasp, excited for my broken hearted friend. "I thought she could use the extra time off." She clicks her heals as she walks back to her desk.
"Thank you! Thank you!" I skip out of her office, running to my office. When I joyfully join my friend, I find her sitting at my desk talking on my computer. I skid to a halt, wondering what's going on. Trust me, I wasn't thinking about her stealing my story or transferring my folders. I was thinking about whether she was checking up on Brian, or something with social media. Really, what startled me, was the fact that she wasn't crying on my comfortable couch, but laughing with someone else. I hear the obnoxious voice come out of the screen and I smile; Justin called.
"What kind of name is Brian anyways?" I hear his question, and I notice she giggles. I stand beside her and Justin waves at me.
"Eh, Iz." She, -I mean- He says in an Australian accent.
"What up, dog." I throw my hand out trying to be gangster.
"Don't ever do that again!" He barrels over laughing, and I try to hide the awkwardness of knowing about the part in his life that he was part of a gang.
"Why are you harassing my friend?" I seriously ask, giving him the motherly look he always complains about.
"Because she looks like she could use some harassing." He jokes pulling a hand through his messy hair.
"Where's Caleb?" I look at the background, noticing that its Caleb's couch.
"Wow. Sure can't tell you've been away for a few weeks." He mocks. "Although I bet you will never forget this couch." I shake my head in disgust, surprised at how dirty my brothers mind can be yet a laughter still erupts from my throat.
"Now that you've slept on it, I'm good with never even seeing it again!"
"Hey! Don't hate on my couch!" I hear a sleepy Caleb yell from across the room. Justin lifts the camera, allowing me to see a poor image of my boyfriend.
"What's wrong with him?"
"We went drinking last night, but he's hitting the after effect now."
"Its more like hitting a train!" He moans, burying his face under the sheets.
"I woke up snuggling with a banana," Justin laughs. I hold in all my laughter, wanting to die.
"Justin!" I discipline. "How did you even get him to drink a shot?"
"He's, uh, been kinda depressed...."
"You're not supposed to tell her that!" I hear a quiet voice in the background. I wonder if he's still drunk....
"Well. You're not supposed to be hungover, so we're all taking a day off." Ella tries to hide her laughter about my brothers big ego.
"Is he okay, really?" Justin rubs the back of his neck, avoiding eye contact. "Justin?" I push anyways.
"I don't know. Its Caleb we're talking about. He puts everyone before himself. I wouldn't be shocked if he's never thought about himself."
"Man. I can't trust you around this screen." I hear Calebs rough voice getting closer. Before I know it, he plops down next to Justin on the couch. His eyes have a red tint to them, and he has the normal bags that Justin normally gets.
"You're so lucky didn't throw chunks on your journey over here." Justin lays his head in his hand, shaking it in disappointment.
"Hey, baby!" He slurs, and I almost laugh.
"Hey." I try to hide my concern.
"We got a little less than a week left, then I can hug you." He actually seems to straighten up. Maybe a real conversation will sober him up....
"Yeah. Ella is joining me too." Justins head pulls up and Ella jumps out of the chair.
"Wait, what?" She excitedly questions.
"Mrs. Union thought you could use some 'Vaca'. " I use the improper grammar for this special time only. I turn to the camera, aiming my next comment towards my brother. "And she is not going to be your chick flick girl." I point my finger.
"Its not my fault I watch 'Romance Movies' when I get dumped." He smartly comments back.
"I swear I heard the 'The Best of Me' like every night." I whisper to Ella.
"I always knew you were part girl." Caleb laughs, seeming like his old self again. He winks at me and I blush, like always.
"When did it fall apart this time?" I ask Justin.
"Two days ago. But I refuse to take her back; I'm done playing her games." About time....
"Well, you're in charge of keeping Ella's mind off of current events." I try not to be too obvious about my comment.
"What are you going to be doin'?" Justin asks getting definsive, like when I would trick him into doing my 'chors' too.
"I'm gonna be busy with my man." I see Calebs smile grow and I giggle. I remember that nasty cab driver my first day, as I finish my sentence. Ella and Justin get up, both protesting how gross I am. "Not like that!" I cringe at their dirty minds. Yet, here I am, alone with Caleb now. (:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you for reading!

Sorry, I kinda got stuck for a few days....
I'll probably skip to them going home in my next chapter(: maybe.

- Emuna_Jasmine