Chapter 6

Crisitan's P.O.V.

I hung up with her still feeling the butterflies in my stomach. I'd made the right decision breaking up with Carla. I was a very spur-of-the-moment person but that wasn't why I'd broken up with her. Not this time. It was because I didn't want to be with her. I wanted to be with María. She makes me go weak at the knees. She shares my interests, she's sporty, she' smart and, God is she beautiful. She has this perfect body, this flowing curly hair, this perfectly tan skin... I just wanted to have her next to me right now. So I could have her fall asleep in my arms just like the first night we were together. 

María's P.O.V.

I got up in the middle of the night feeling ridiculously tired but knowing that it would be worth it. I got on that plane (having bought the ticket with Cristian's credit card because he wouldn't have forgiven me) and slept like a baby all the way to Barcelona. When we got there, the guy beside me woke me up. "Excuse me, miss. We're here." He said, in catalan I guessed. I woke up and, through the slits of my eyes, I noticed he was insanely beautiful. I would've flirted with him under any other circumstances. He smiled at me and looked even more beautiful. And honestly, I didn't care. I would've been all over this guy did I not have an insanely sexy footballer waiting for me at that airport. As if on cue, I got a text from Cristian saying he was at the airport's Starbucks waiting for me. "Thanks." It was one of the few words I knew in catalan so I thanked him for letting me know we'd landed. I smiled at him and quickly picked up all the stuff I had on my lap, eager to meet Cristian. "Um, I was wondering if you would like to have lunch with me sometime. That is, if your stay in Barcelona is..." "I'm sorry. I'm not from here. I barely understand catalan." I chuckled trying to lighten the mood. "Oh, I'm sorry." He said in perfect 'castellano'. "I was just wondering if you wanted to grab a bite sometime, if you plan on staying in Barcelona for a while."

I smiled without knowing what to say. He was looking at me eagerly and I'd never rejected someone so handsome before. "I'm sorry. I...I'm with someone." I couldn't say I had a boyfriend because we weren't official yet but I was otherwise compromised, that much was clear. His smile disappeared and his heart seemed to sink. "Oh. It's ok. I understand." It was sort of awkward sitting next to him until the plane was unloaded. I was almost running to luggage claim, got my bags pretty fast and almost ran to that Starbucks, a huge smile on my face. The butterflies were in my stomach as I approached the shop and slowed my pace. I stepped inside and looked around. There were only three tables taken. One of them was a woman, the other one a man in a business suit and in the other, the man I could not believe was mine. He was wearing a tight, pink polo shirt, dark jeans and sunglasses. He was looking down at his phone but, since I was the only standing presence in the room, he looked up, met my eyes and a huge smile appeared on his face. Everything was absolutely silent except for a soft music in the background and I just wanted to leap into his arms, causing a disrupting amount of noise. He stood up from the couch he'd been lounging in and put his glasses on his head as I slowly made my way through the shop's furniture. I let go of my suitcase and wrapped my arms around his neck. He held me by the waist, pressing my body against his. It feels so right. I don't know where this is gonna go. All I know is that, at this moment, there is nowhere I'd rather be than right here. 

Cristian's P.O.V.

Here she was. Finally. This was so stupid because I'd only known her for two days but it felt like I could barely breathe when she was far away. Now here she was, exactly where I wanted her, pressed against my body. She loosened her grip around my neck a little and I did the same with her waist. She had a beautiful smile on her face. I didn't want it to leave but my urge to kiss her was uncontrollable. I bent down and lightly pressed my lips against hers. I never knew what people meant when they said everything around them disappeared when they kissed someone. It always sounded ridiculous to me. On the contrary, I always wanted to show off the women I was with. I engaged in public displays of affection because I wanted people to see the woman I was with and how beautiful she was. But, once again, with her it was different.

Yes, she was beautiful. Not incredibly gorgeous like other girls I'd been with but that didn't matter. Because no beauty could make up for what she made me feel. And because I felt incredibly lucky to have her, I didn't care what anybody else thought. She'd decided to give me a chance and I was thrilled. Everything around us disappeared as I gave her that feathery kiss and separated from her to see her eyes were still closed and she was smiling. I made our foreheads touch and closed my eyes too, taking in the moment. "Hi." She whispered. "Hi. How was your flight?" "Slept like a baby." I separated from her and pulled her down so she would sit beside me. "You want some coffee?" "That's something you should know about me. I'm absolutely addicted to coffee. So yes." She was about to stand up but I put my hand on her thigh and sat her back down. "I'll go get it." "Fine. I have two functioning legs, though." She jokes. I'm absolutely aware of that. And I'd never been this much of a gentleman with the women I was with. Were it any of the others, I would've been the one asking her to get me some coffee. "I know but can't a man get his woman some coffee? What would you like?" "Surprise me. As long as it's coffee." She winked at me and I smiled, looking at the ground. Also, few women make me look at the ground. I always keep my head high. But her...She has me under her spell.