Chapter 11

María's P.O.V.

He loves me. I'm smiling to myself, my back to him. When I heard the words come out of his mouth, I was a bit overwhelmed. Maybe it seemed a bit too fast to both of us but I was sure I loved him too. His breathing is back to normal and he approaches me, touching my shoulder. "I'm sorry. That was too fast. I don't know what came over me. I..." I look back at him, stars in my eyes. I suddenly take his face in my hands and kiss him deeply. He's frozen by my reaction and doesn't touch me. I decide to take the hem of his shirt and I pull it up but he stops kissing me and takes my wrists in his hands. "Stop."

Cristian's P.O.V.

I needed her to know that I hadn't said 'I love you' just so she would sleep with me. Also, she hadn't said it back. So, going against every hormone in my body, I stopped her mid-kiss and looked her in the eyes, pleading: "Please know that I didn't say that just so you would sleep with me. I know it seems fast and sudden but I mean it."

She smiles broadly and once again takes my face in her hands. She looks me in the eyes and says softly: "I know." she kisses me lightly and continues "I thought I was the one going too fast but..." I think I know what she's about to say so I smile even more broadly than her, take her by the waist and pull her closer to me. "I love you, too." I can't control myself and I crush my lips against hers. She responds to my kiss and I feel unbelievable pressed against her body, as always.

Now I'm the one that tries to take her shirt off and she puts her arms up to let me do so. I throw it on the floor, step back and take my own shirt off. She gives me a once-over and seems eager to devour my body. Seeing her standing there in her bra and shorts, that passionate, hungry look in her eyes...

I bend and lift her from the floor, carrying her like a baby up to the bedroom. She's laughing and I press a kiss on her forehead before letting her down on the floor right under the door frame. She shoves me lightly against the wall and starts kissing me passionately. I respond to her and caress her bare back with my hands. She trails her lips by my jawline and starts kissing my neck, igniting in me an uncontrollable passion.

I press her harder against my body and she keeps kissing my neck, lightly touching my temple, my ears and my arms with her fingertips. She keeps going down and starts kissing my chest. Meanwhile, I have nothing to hold onto as desire is erupting inside me. Her mouth stops right on my pelvis, kissing my tattoo and I sigh heavily, my eyes rolling.

She takes my pants and underwear off with one tug and my desire is there for her to see. She comes back up and my hands find her bra strap, letting it loose and leaving her half-naked in front of me. I step out of the bundle my pants have made at my ankles and move forward, pushing her off me and direct her to the bed. She walks backwards slowly, using my arms to steady herself. I push her onto the bed and she falls backwards on it. I go to my bedside table, take out a condom and put it in. I come back to the bed and undo the button in her shorts, pull the zipper down and tug to leave her completely naked on my bed. I've never wanted a woman so much in my life. Maybe it's because I'm actually in love with her... I lie over her, steadying myself with my elbows and shove my tongue down her throat. The ripples of passion in me are uncontrollable and I've turned into an animal. She caresses my hair between her fingers and kisses me back just as passionately.

There she was. Right under me. Kissing me. Loving me. I felt whole as we became one in our passion. While I kissed her neck vigorously, she whined and moaned out of pleasure. And we made love to each other, in the full sense of the expression, completely aware of our feelings and ending up more satisfied because of it. I lay beside her and pulled her to my chest, wanting to fall asleep this way for the rest of my life.

María's P.O.V.

I lay on that bed looking at the ceiling and feeling ecstatic for a long while, not being able to fall asleep. As soon as his breathing steadied, after just having the most meaningful sex of my life with the man I loved, I pulled away from his embrace to call my friend Ale. It was only 10 at night. Feeling daring, I went to his drawer, took one of his shirts and put it on to cover my nakedness.

I was tired but nevertheless stepped out to the balcony, feeling like I owed it to her to give her this opportunity. The phone rang three times and she picked up: "Hi! How are my two favorite love-birds doing?" She asked, a playful tone in her voice. I bit my lower lip, giddy with joy. "Incredible would be putting it mildly."

She squealed through the phone and asked me to tell her everything so I did. She was very excited for me but the best part for her was yet to come. "And that's not even the best part?" "Really? What is it?" "Cristian invited me to a party tomorrow." Oh, really? That's great. Gotta admit, it's a bit of a let-down after the 'I love you' 's but..." "You have to find a way to get here tomorrow." "Why?" She asked and I giddily smiled to myself. I was so excited to tell her. She had no idea what I was about to say. "Because single Álvaro Vázquez will be there." I smiled even more broadly, imagining her jumping up and down. I heard her hyperventilating through the phone. "Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God. I can't believe this. Are you sure I can go?"

"Cristian said everyone's allowed a plus-one and that Álvaro and Bartra are the only one's who have no dates. I'm guessing they'll welcome the situation." "Holy shit. This is unbelievable." I keep smiling to myself, excited that we both get to live our dreams, and say: "Go find something cute to wear because you'll be meeting the man of your dreams tomorrow night. I'll text you the details later."

"Thank you so much! I'm pretty sure I'm indebted to you for life." She said, as I'm sure tears were about to burst from her eyes because her happiness was clearly audible through her tone. "Thank me when he asks you out. And try to get some sleep. Good night." "Before you go, are you planning on going shopping for the party?" I'm really bad at shopping so I embrace the opportunity of having my friend's opinion. "Yeah. Actually, I have nothing to wear and Cristian told me to buy clothes with his money. I feel horrible about it but he insists so I've sort of given up arguing." "He is so sweet. Well, we can go shopping tomorrow. I'll see you then!" "See you! 'Night!" "'Night!"

We hang up and I go back inside to find Cristian curled up in a fetal position facing my side of the bed. I can't help but smile at how cute he looks as I get back into bed with his shirt on.