Chapter 12

Cristian's P.O.V.

I try to keep my breathing steady and trick her into thinking I'm asleep. She slides under the covers and I'm pretty sure I've fooled her. When I feel her body still beside me, I make a weird noise with my mouth and tickle her. She screams out and we both laugh uncontrollably.

Finally, I stop when I notice she's almost out of breath and pull her up on my body. She's lying over me, chest-down, and I notice she has one of my shirts on. For some reason, I find it incredibly sexy. She puts both her hands palms down on my chest and props her chin on them. I start caressing the back of her thighs with my hand as she looks at me and starts saying: "I sort of just invited my friend over to the party tomorrow to hook her up with Vázquez. You think he'll mind?" "No. I think he'll love it. And I also find it funny that you call him Vázquez." She shrugs and lies with her cheek on my bare chest as I run my hands through her hair. "We like to call him Alvarito." "Yeah, I know. But I'm not friends with him so I can't call him Alvarito." "True."

I can't really argue with her as I try to push her off my chest. "No, I wanna stay here forever." She complains as slips her hands under my back and holds on to me tightly. "Believe me, I want that too." So bad. "Thing is, I'm insanely hungry." "Oh." She giggles and pushes herself off my chest.

"Come to think of it, I'm sort of hungry too. I can make something. What do you got?" "Well, not much." I take my boxers from where our heated encounter left them earlier, right beside the door, and put them on. "I've been in Israel for more than two weeks." "Right." She says, seeming to feel guilty about asking and looking at the ground. "It's ok. We'll order something. Pizza?" "I adore pizza." She admits, smiling and nodding, her eyes wide open. I can't help but laugh at her childish reaction and feel like kissing her.

She's about 15 feet away from me so I take three huge steps and lift her in my arms. She giggles again, wrapping her arms around my neck and looking at me with a pair of loving eyes. "Pizza it is." I say as I lay her feet back on the ground and give her a light kiss on the lips. I can't really ask for more, can I?

María's P.O.V.

I don't know why he just kissed me but I was on a cloud because of it. He has an ability of leaving my lips tingling when he gives me these soft kisses and I adore it. But I'm not ready to let him go yet. So I take his face in my hands and kiss him deeply, standing on tip-toe. His hands are groping my back as I wrap my own hands around his neck.

I stop kissing him but keep my body pressed against his, burrying my face in his neck. "You're killing me." He whispers as he keeps trailing paths on my cheek with his nose. He lifts me from the ground with one arm and starts carrying me down the stairs. I gasp in horror and hold on to his neck tightly. "Cristian, what are you doing? Put me down!" "What? Are you afraid I'll drop you?" He almost runs down the steps, my bare feet dangling inches from the floor.

Finally, we're on solid ground and he lets me go. "See? Told you I had you." "Lucky." I scoff playfully, looking at him sideways and smiling. He shoves me and takes his cell phone from the center table. He orders the pizza and we wait for it curled up on the couch, just enjoying each other. I've almost fallen asleep when the delivery man rings the doorbell. We decide to go upstairs and outside to the balcony to eat our pizza.

Cristian's P.O.V.

We were sitting cross-legged on the floor, the pizza in the middle, sharing everything with each other. We're just laughing and talking about sports, life, love... Just everything we've been through. Every rejection, every missed opportunity, every moment of hope, every success... I've never been so open with a woman. It's refreshing. I used to be so careful of what I said with others. I didn't want them to know anything besides what was strictly necessary to have an open relationship.

It didn't feel like that with her, though. Things just keep bursting out. Secrets and feeling I'd never even told my parents about. She just listened carefully, nodding occasionally, and advised me. She told me what she thought of every decision I made, even if she thought it'd been wrong. She, in turn, told me about her life back home. How at one point in her life, not long ago, both her parents had no job and sometimes she even went to bed hungry. She'd never told anyone how difficult it'd been.

Also, she'd been in love and, in turn, heartbroken, by a guy who she fell head-over-heels for but didn't reciprocate. She still has good things to say about him even after he openly told her that he was in love with another girl right after going out with her. I just felt like punching that asshole in the face just looking into her teary eyes.

The pizza box was closed and empty so I pushed it aside and pulled her to me, craddling her in my arms, as tears started quietly sliding down her beautiful face. "I'd never told anyone about any of this. Not even my parents. In fact, I'd never cried about him in front of anyone before." She said, sniffling occassionally. I just kept rocking her in my arms as she buried her face in my chest. "Cry. Just let it all out. And know that I'd punch him in the face if I had the chance."

I try to lighten the mood and it works because she chuckles. "In fact, I'm going to take the step he never took with you right now. Would you be my girlfriend?" She lifts her head from my chest and looks at me, her mouth gaping.