Prologue

Prologue

The sound of a roaring crowd made the hall quiver under the mass of bodies, swinging in unison at the sound of music, blasting through the speakers. They yelled, screamed, cried and did everything humanly possible to try and receive my attention. I laughed sweetly at their poor attempts. Why wouldn't they love me, I am a living legend – Anastazia Dimitreva, the only Goddess they should worship is me.

I swayed with the crowd, making them freak out. I smiled at myself, my voice booming throughout the entire hall, making them lose control. A couple of the braver ones tried to get on the stage but my guards pushed them back in the crowd, where they belonged. They were my worshipers, my lesser, my servants. And I had them wrapped around my little finger.

I stopped singing as the song slowly died, making way for the next one. »Are you ready for the big finale, Moscow?!« I yelled into the mass of bodies, giggling as they screamed a big yes in unison. I was on fire!

***

One of the guards escorted me backstage, so that I could change and go celebrate another victory. »Hey, Igor, can you pass me that shirt?« I asked one of the guards, who did not answer. »Igor. I said, can you pass me that shirt, please,« My voice a little strung.

When he din't budge yet again, I turned around deciding to look for the shirt myself. I walked past some boxes and cables, lying messily on the floor. »Eww.« These people are so disorganised.

I caught a glimpse of my reflexion in a dusty mirror. God, I looked gorgeous. My auburn red hair, falling in curls down to the small of my back and my cat-like green eyes, glistening in the light oozing from a window. I brushed my fingers through the delicate fabric of my white mink coat. The softness made me close my eyes, it's fibers catching my immediate attention.  Then, I heard one of the boxes fall.

»Hello?« I asked quietly, scared a little bit, since Igor was missing. »Hello, is anybody there?« I moved away from the window, creeping towards a big pile of boxes, trying to hide myself. Who would want to hide here, is somebody trying to harm me? But, I am so sweet and considerate and I always speak nice of my fans!

I heard a soft rustling somewhere behind me, making me jump. Then the cold metal was pressed against my neck. »Who in the bloody hell are you?« I asked the stranger, trying to catch a glimpse of them. The gun pushed deeper into my flesh, making me shiver. »If you scream, I pull, bitch!«