Chapter:2

We pulled onto a street called, New Higgens. All the houses were HUGE. I felt small. The car pulled up to a house with a u-shaped driveway. In the middle of it was a giant white fountain. Behind the massive driveway, was a giant glossy, white house. The height sickened me. The car came to a nice stop. I climbed out of the car and scanned the front of the house. This was never going to be my home. Never.

Brad unlocked the french doors allowing us in. The sound of our shoes echoed throughout the house. Everything was either marble, or white. I hated it,  and god knows how many levels to this house there were.

"Alrighty, um Nevaeh, you can choose any room on the third floor." stated Brad looking away from me. I growled and dragged my suitcase up the huge staircase that seemed as if it never ended. When I finally reached the third floor, I shuffled toward the room farthest from the staircase. Inside it was glass french doors leading to a balcony with a breath taking view, a huge bed that seemed as if it were built for the queen, and a flat screened tv built into the wall. Everything seemed over done. I rolled my eyes and plopped down onto the bed. I planned on staying in there all day. I honestly didn't want to see my mom or Brad.

I wasn't a spoiled 14 year old. I didn't have a cell phone, though I wish I did. The night soon came. I refused to sleep. I didn't want to get comfortable. I never wanted this to be my home.

"Wow, you're up early." Whispered my mom as she entered my room early morning.

"Yea." I said looking at her. I never slept.

"So, do you like it so far?" Asked my mine with a huge smile. I frowned.

"I hate it." A puzzled look came across my moms face. She gave me a hurt look before leaving my room. I didn't feel bad saying it. Not at all.

Instead of sitting in 'my' room all day, I decided to explore the huge house. I felt lost. It was like a never ending maze of riches and money. I felt small, which I hated. I want to feel safe and secure. Not open and free. I eventually found my way to the kitchen where Brad was. He gave a deadly glare before going back to his paper.

"What you don't like me?" I snapped. He raised his head and narrowed his eye brows.

"I never said that did I?" He answered annoyed.

"You didn't have to." I hissed before marching off in the other direction.

"HEY YOUNG LADY GET BACK OVER HERE!" He snapped chasing after me. I bolted up the stairs and back into the room where I intended on staying. For the last 5 minutes, I heard my mom and Brad talking about my behavior. I honestly didn't care. I'd prefer it Brad didn't like me. I jumped to the sound of knocking on the door to this room. I sat up and opened the door. It was my mom. She closed the door behind her as she entered.

"Nev, I know you don't like it, but we have to make this work. It's not fair for us." She whispered playing with my hair. I sighed and stared at my hands that were in my lap. "Well, I'm going to the store to pick up new things for your room. And your coming." She said sitting up and walking out of the room. This will never be my room.

~~~~~