August 1st, 2015

1:52 A.M.

Dear Saviour,

I'm moving in a week. One week. I've kind of been trying to ignore it and pretend like it's not happening, but it is. I'm leaving my childhood home, friends, church, everything. Everything. I'm going to the unknown, and I'm scared. I'm scared of the unknown. I'm scared of meeting new people. I know that I'm supposed to trust you, but Jesus, it's hard and I need your help. I don't feel you right now and I know that you're sending my family to Nebraska for a good reason, but what is it? It's a good reason but it feels like it's the worst possible time. I've repaired my friendships with Chad and Emily and we are getting closer by the day, and I can't just leave. I don't want to just leave. I finally, finally after all the 14 years of my life, have amazing friends and now I have to leave them. Why? I know that You love me, and I know that You know the plans that You have for me, but everything has been amazing and has been what I've been asking for for at least 3 years, but it's all going to fade away. I told Emily on Wednesday, and she was really sad. Emily doesn't know what Chad told me, but I think she can tell that something was going on, but I don't think it's what she thinks. Because she keeps asking me about my "alone time" with Chad and I just keep shaking my head and telling her nothing. She doesn't believe me but it's really funny. I feel like Mrs. Whitman (Chad's mom) knows that I like Chad. She's always looking at me like she knows something. None of it matters anyway since I'm moving. Chad says that he'll stay in touch, but I don't know if it will last... And now I'm thinking about the move again. I can't stop over thinking and analyzing and worrying about everything. You say not to worry, and I feel like the only way for me to do that is if I try not to think about it, but the inevitable will come, and then I will think about it and I will cry the tears that I've been trying so hard to hold in. I will. I'll talk to you later my beautiful Saviour, Goodnight. I love you.

~ Chloe E. Almond