The Unfortunate Sorting

We were standing in the Entrance Hall, waiting to be sorted. The boat ride to the school had been amazing, the castle looked beautiful from the view from the lake. I still couldn't believe I was at such a magnificent school.

I was nervous, about what House I would be sorted into..There were four options,Gryffindor who were brave at heart, daring, and chivalrous. Slytherin, they were cunning, and clever. Also Fred told me, that any witch or wizard in Slytherin, almost always went wrong. Hufflepuff who were loyal. Then there was Ravenclaw, who very smart and witty.

A very strict looking witch came out of the hall and announced it was time to be sorted. We all formed in a line, and walked in. The Great Hall was amazing. I  noticed that the ceiling was bewitched to look like the sky outside. There were 5 long tables. One for each house and one for the staff. I saw that there was a hat on a stool in front of the staff table. So, a hat was going to sort us? I smirked. How stupid. Suddenly the hat started singing ;

Oh you may not think I'm pretty,
But don't judge on what you see,
I'll eat myself if you can find
A smarter hat than me.
You can keep your bowlers black,
Your top hats sleek and tall,
For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat
And I can cap them all.
There's nothing hidden in your head
The Sorting Hat can't see,
So try me on and I will tell you
Where you ought to be.
You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart;
You might belong in Hufflepuff,
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true
And unafraid of toil;
Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
if you've a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind;
Or perhaps in Slytherin
You'll make your real friends,
Those cunning folks use any means
To achieve their ends.
So put me on! Don't be afraid!
And don't get in a flap!
You're in safe hands (though I have none)
For I'm a Thinking Cap!

You had to be kidding me, a singing hat.. 

Suddenly the strict teacher, whose name was Proffeseur McGonagall, 

Abbot, Hannah! 

She sat down on the stool, and instantly the sorting hat said Hufflepuff!

A couple of more kids went, and then it was my turn. 

"Evans, Rose!"

As I was walking up to the stool, I saw the man with greasy hair staring at me. It was kinda creepy. I put the hat on her head. It started murmering in my ears "Hmm, destined for greatness... smart, cunning, brave.. you could very great things in... SLYTHERIN."

I sat there, shocked.  I turned around and Dumbledore looked alarmed, scared almost. But i got up and put the hat down, Fred was looking at me. He looked dissappointed.. upset actually. I walked to the Sytherin table, and sat down. I saw Dumbledore whisper something to the greasy haired man. They looked surprised.. scared? No it couldnt be..

She watched as Hermione Granger was sorted into Gryffindor. Draco was sorted into Slytherin with me, i smiled at him. Then it was Harry's turn. The whole school stared.. only if they knew I was his sister. That I had more power then him.. but no, only Dumbledore knew.  Harry was sorted into Gryffindor, and so was Ron. A few more people joined us at the Slytherin table. After the feast, I was tired, I wanted to go to bed. But a hand grabbed me as I walked out of the Entrance Hall.

 Dumbledore's POV

Harry Potter's sister was in Slytherin, that wasn't good. I had a bad feeling about this. After the feast, I sent Severus to go get girl and bring to my office. Ollivander had written me telling me that she had power, more power than what was normal. If this girl chose to go to the dark side, who knows what would happen..

He heard a knock on his door. " Enter" I said. 

It was Severus and Rose, ofcourse. 

I smiled brightly at Rose, " Rose! How are you?" 

" Good" She said, she looked confused.

" Rose, I want you to move to Gryfindorr, Yes, yes i know the hat said Slytherin, but i think it'd be best if you moved to Gryffindor." 

I swear i saw her eyes glow red for a second. Then she angrily said "NO!. You cant do that.. I like Slytherin, I want to stay"

I had one choice.. " Your parents would have wanted you to be Gryffindor" 

That did it, she blew. "HOW WOULD YOU KNOW WHAT THEY WANTED!? THEIR DEAD. DEAD. Theres nothing anyone can do!" she yelled. 

"What about Harry?' I said, staying calm. Yes, she was a danger. 

"What about him?" She cried

"You must protect him, how will you do that if your in a different house?"

 "He can take of himself." 

"Very, well then. Severus, please take Mrs. Evans to the common room.  He nodded and they walked out. I didnt know what to do. She had chosen. He knew as he sat thinking, one day Harry would have to kill her. He would do whatever it took to prevent it, he would teach her to love. He had too. 

Severus's pov

The girl was quiet as we walked to the Slytherin common room. He had made Dumbledore confess who she was, the second she walked in the Hall. She looked exactly like Lily.. oh Lily, how much he missed her. He would protect the girl. No matter what.