Dumbledore's Words

I involuntarily took a step back. 

Slowly Liam lowered his wand, and I saw Chase hesitantly follow. 

I narrowed my eyes at them and stood there as rain started to drizzle down.

“How much of that did you hear?” Chase said as I noticed his hand was still tightly gripped on his wand.

“Who are you going to hurt?” I shot back.

I saw Liam look at Chase smugly but thought nothing of it.

“No one, Liam’s just being stupid like always.” Chase said with a smile.             

“But I just heard –

“You heard wrong, we were just arguing, it’s no big deal Rose.”  Chase said cutting me off.

I glanced at Liam who looked like he couldn’t decide what to do. He looked at me and then back at Chase as he said in conflicted tone, “I’m warning you.”

With that he stormed away in direction of the castle. Confused I followed him with my eyes as I saw he angrily opened the castle doors and stormed inside.

I glared at Chase more confused than ever and he returned my confused glare with a smile. I noticed he was casually spinning his wand around in his hands now.

“What were you guys talking about?” I asked.

Chase shrugged his shoulders and started walking.

Annoyed I caught up to him and pushed him until he was facing me again, “Don’t walk away! Tell me!”

He chuckled as he spun around and kept walking, “Chase! Stop!” I called out.

I ran in front of him and faced him staring into his strange green eyes. "Tell me, Chase."

He stopped and looked at me, "Tell you what?"

"I hate you."

"Feeling's mutual, dollface."

"Arse."

"Your just a lovely girl aren't you?" He said in a sarcastic voice.

I huffed and turned around, feeling the anger vibrate off me as I stormed inside the castle. Not wanting to head back to the dormitories while I was still angry, I took a random turn and wandered about. About half an hour later I had found myself exactly where I wanted to be - in front of a large, rather ugly, gargoyle. 

"Password?" The gargoyle said, as I jumped at the sudden noise. 

"Er-" I said as I tried to remember the password to Dumbledore's office. 

What would a brilliant man like Dumbledore possibly make his password?

"The password's 'Cockroach Clusters.'" An amused voice said from behind me. I spun around to see none other then, Albus Dumbledore standing behind me staring at me with a smile and amused expression. 

What a brilliant password. 

"Professor Dumbledore! It's so lovely to see you!" I said, smiling back.

"As you, Ms.Evans, I assume you were looking for me?" He asked.

"No, i was looking for the Easter bunny." Even as i said it, the mind was starting to regret the words i said. I  instinctively slapped my hand over my mouth.

But to my surprise, Dumbledore chuckled. "Same as always, I see." He said, with an amused sigh. 

I grinned sheepishly at him as the gargoyle doors opened, and I followed Professor Dumbledore up the spiral stairs. Entering his office, I plopped down in my old seat, and surreptitiously glanced around realizing, barely anything had changed since i had stepped foot in his office 5 years ago.