Chapter 3

*Sky*

Jason looked up at me, confused and surprised that I was speaking to him. The barbie that sat next to him was seething with anger. I could tell that she wanted to say something, but Jason kept his hand laced with hers holding her in her seat.

Before he could even answer, I got up and walked out of the waiting room, thinking better of making trouble for him. I instead went in search of the chapel. It took me a few minutes to find it. Walking in made me sad I knew why I was here, and it wasn't fair. I fell to my knees at the front of the room and sobbed.

"God, if you can hear me, please, please, don't take Raven from us from me. She's too special of a person to go this young. I need her; we have so much that we have yet to do." I said, putting my face in my hands to muffle the heart-wrenching grief I was feeling.

"Sky," Trevor whispered, lifting me off the floor. He put me down on the phew and sat next to me. He stared at me until I looked away. Why were things always so intense with him? I swallowed my fear and looked up at him.

"How did this happen? Why is my best friend lying in there dying?" I asked, tears rolling down my cheek.

"She was coming home from buying all the things we needed for my graduation party." He said, a tear falling from his face.

"A drunk driver swerved into her lane and hit her head-on. The driver died on the scene. Raven was hanging on but barely. She's been in surgery for hours; all the waiting is driving me crazy. I can't even think of the possibility that she may not make it. I refuse to think of my life without her." He said, emotion in his eyes.

I wiped the tears from his face making my heartbeat fast in my chest. He grabbed ahold of my hand and held it. His warm hand engulfed mine; what was he doing? The look on his face said no much, but he said nothing. I needed to get away from him.

I pulled my hand from his and stood up. He stood up too, but I put my hands up to hold me at bay.

"So Destiny seems nice," I said, looking up at him.

"I mean, she beats barbie any day," I said with a frown, thinking of my encounter with her.

"I seriously don't know what that chick's problem is? I don't even know her? What could I have done to her to warrant such anger?"

"Your breathing," He chuckled.

"She knows that with you here, her place with Jason isn't so secure. Everyone knows how much he loved you; how much he loves you still." He said, not meeting my gaze.

"You seem to have this effect on people; they either love you or hate you. There's no in-between with you."

"Carrie's just jealous, I, for one, would have loved to see you lay her on her ass." He laughed.

I smiled, thinking that it would have been nice to put her in her place. I knew that this was not the time or the place to start a fight. She would get what was coming to her. Karma was a beautiful thing.

"There you are?" Destiny said, opening the door to the chapel.

I've been looking for you." She smiled at Trevor.

Her forced smile told me that she didn't want Trevor alone with me, or around me. What the hell was going on? Was it I hate Sky week? Carrie's anger I could understand, but why would Destiny have an issue with me?

"I'm going to head back," I said, never looking back at Trevor.

I made my way back, but I still couldn't make myself go in. All this drama was just too much for me right now. I walked down the hall and out the front doors of the hospital. I needed to get some air. I looked up at the starlit sky and thought back to happy times. We were so carefree with no worries back then, and now my world was crumbling at my feet.