Chapter 8

*Sky*

I was about to lose my shit with Trevor sitting so close. I could feel his gaze on me, and it was driving me crazy.

He was so intense in that way. Trevor was hard to ignore.I knew that Destiny was shooting daggers at me. I couldn't say that I blamed her, but I didn't feel bad for her either.

I looked at my phone for the longest time, desperately hoping it would ring, bing, anything. Raven had been on the dance floor for the last two songs, with no signs of slowing down.

I smiled as she laughed at whatever her partner was saying. She was living it up after having been stuck in the hospital for weeks.

Jason and Carrie had passed our table on the way to the dance floor, and true to his word Jason had not spoken or acknowledged me.

My heart hurt, and I felt stupid for feeling that way. I pushed him away. I was also the one that was to blame for what was happening.

Kissing Jason had only made things worse.

"Can I have this dance?" Stephen asked, holding his hand out to me.

What the heck was Stephen doing here? Did I care? I should be thanking my lucky stars that he was here to save me.

Stephen cleared his throat, pulling me out of the daze I found myself in. I looked up and was shocked to see how drop-dead gorgeous he was tonight.

I placed my hand in his and stood up.

"That dress was worth every penny I paid for it. You look stunning, Sky." He walked me to the dance floor, lacing his fingers with mine in the process.

I knew that all eyes were on us. Stephen was not someone you could ignore. He pulled me close and wrapped his arms around me. He swayed skillfully with the beat, looking deeply into my eyes.

What the hell was going on here?

He leaned down and placed a quick kiss on my lips, confusing me even more.

"Relax, sweetheart. I'm just putting on a show for the two idiots over there." He said, turning me so that I caught a glimpse of Trevor and Jason.

They both looked ready to explode. Both Jason and Trevor wore identical frowns.

"It is sad, I kind of feel bad for them," Stephen said chuckling.

"It must suck to see the girl you want so bad, in another man's arms." He said, pulling me closer.

"How can someone so good looking be so devious? I asked, wrapping my arms around his neck, smiling.

Why couldn't I fall for him?

"You look hot, by the way, it's so not fair how perfect you always look."

He laughed and lifted my face to his.

"You're the most beautiful girl in this room." He said, his finger running seductively down my face.

He leaned in and placed a soft kiss on my lips.

"If that doesn't drive those morons crazy, I don't know what will." He whispered in my ear.

"Your evil," I replied playfully.

We were so wrapped up in our conversation that I did not hear Raven walk over with Trevor.

"Can I cut in," Raven said with a massive grin on her face.

"Sure," I said, starting to walk away.

"Let's just switch partners," she said, pulling me back.

Trevor extended his hand to me, and I stared at it for what seemed like forever.

"Go ahead, Sky. I'm not the jealous type." He said, winking at me.

Trevor frowned, looking over at Stephen angrily.

I put my hand in his before I could change my mind, and he pulled me into his arms.

The tension between us was thick, and I did my best not to look up at him. The awkward silence was getting to be too much for me. I needed this song to be over. I needed to be away from him.

"Congrats, I bet your happy that high school is over for you. Do you know where you're going to college?" I asked, trying to break the awkward silence. I knew that he was waiting for me to look up at him, but I was afraid to make eye contact.

"Is it that hard to look at me," He asked, tilting my head up to meet his gaze.

Those beautiful blue eyes displayed so much emotion that I had to fight with myself not to look away.

"It eats me up inside to see you with him. I hate him because he gets to do all the things with you that I can't." He said softly.

I didn't know how to respond to what he said. All of this was just too much to process. I didn't know if I had feelings for Trevor. I mean, I was not going to say that he didn't affect me, because I would be lying. I was a mess, and I was not ready to deal with Trevor and how intense he was