Chapter 5

*Sky*

"Thank you for being here for me," I said, turning to look at Stephen.

"Those two have been coming for me since I got here."

"It doesn't look like that did them any good." He grinned.

"That girl is going to have a jacked-up face for weeks." He laughed.

"They see you as a threat, Sky. I mean, look at you, your beautiful. Look at that long hair and those beautiful chocolate brown eyes. I know you don't see it, but just because you don't doesn't mean no one else does. The most beautiful thing about you is this," He said, putting his hand to my heart."

"Plus, you have the raccoon look down." Stephen teased, making me laugh.

I looked up to see him smiling down at me, "don't worry, Sky, I'm not hitting on you or anything, just stating a fact." He said, using the same words I had once said to him.

"Don't waste any more time thinking about those idiots you are here for, Raven. No one else matters right now."

"Your right," I said, stopping in front of the door Mrs. Clark had told me was hers.

"I usually am," He grinned as I went in.

"What happened to your eye," Raven said, frowning. She sat up in the bed, groaning from the pain.

I went and sat next to her bed and grabbed her hand. "You seriously worried about me right now." I frowned.

Textbook Raven, she was lying in a hospital bed and was more worried about what happened to me.

"I'm glad you're ok, Raven," I said, burst into tears.

"I don't know what I would do without you," I said, my voice laced with emotion.

"I'm fine, see," She said, pointing to herself.

"I'm a bit banged up, but I'm ok." She said, trying to reassure me.

"You could have died, Raven."

"I won't lie. My body hurts, and it's painful. I'm just grateful that I'm still here."

"All seriousness aside, what the hell happened to your eye, Sky?" She pushed.

She was going to lose it once I told her what happened. I took a breath and recounted what had happened since I had arrived.

"That piece of shit has another beat down coming once I'm better, and she doesn't even know it." She said, balling her hands in her lap.

No matter how much I tried to get her to let me fight my own battles, that was not her.

"I messed her up pretty bad. You would be proud. Your mom ran them off when both she and Destiny tried to start with me again." I said with a grin.

"That's what they get."

"How did it feel to see Jason again?" Raven asked with a frown.

I didn't know how to answer the question, so I just told the truth.

"He still makes my heart speed up, and he's still so handsome. I hate him." I smiled, knowing we both knew that I didn't hate him.

"I didn't get a chance to talk to him much because of his crazy girlfriend.

I actually would love to sit down and talk to him now that I'm not so hurt by what he did. I don't think it's worth the drama, though. I think for now if it's best to leave things alone. I'm not going to push it."

"I hate that I'm stuck in this hospital bed. We would be in total scheme mode right now." She said mischievously.

"Just focus on getting better, Raven. I need you healthy and healed for all the stuff we are going to get into this summer. Take it easy, and take the time to let yourself heal." I said, getting up, hugging her before heading to the door.