Chapter 11

*Sky*

I stood quiet for a few seconds, not knowing what to say. Stephen was going to college states away, and I was about to start my senior year. He needed to live his life and not be tied to a high school girl miles away.

"I don't know what to say. Your one of my best friends, Stephen. What if we try it and it doesn't work, then what? What happens to our friendship then?" I said, pulling away from him.

Before he could respond, a car pulled up and parked in my driveway. It was Trevor's car. He turned the car off and got out.

I sucked in the breath that I was holding in and prepared myself for the shit storm that was about to go down.

Raven pulled up beside him and got out the car and ran over to me.

"I'm so sorry, Sky. I couldn't stop him from coming. I've been trying to call you, but you didn't answer."

Stephen pulled me behind him, squaring up with Trevor.

"You don't have to protect her from me." He said, fire in his eyes.

"I've known Sky since she was in grade school. You're the only outsider here." Trevor said with a frown.

"Do you think you know her better than I do because you have known her five minutes? Do you know that her favorite color is? Blue, but before that, it was red. How about that she loves to read. Or that her favorite number is twenty-one. I have countless memories of her. Way more than you will ever have." Trevor growled out.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it you who said you wanted her out of your life." Stephen shot back.

Trevor flinched at his words.

"Or how about the fact that you picked your trash of a girlfriend over her," Stephen said, not letting up.

"Seeing you with him makes me crazy with jealousy." He said, pointing at Stephen.

"I had way too much to drink that night, and I said things that I will regret forever." He said, hurt crossing his beautiful face.

"I would like to talk to you in private, but regardless of who hears, I will say what I came here to say," Trevor said, his eyes meeting mine.

"I refuse to be a coward and leave for college without telling you that I've loved you forever. I remember when I realized it. You had just turned thirteen, and you and Raven were getting ready for the spring dance. You came down wearing that bright blue dress. I remember thinking that you looked beautiful. I thought about how I had never noticed. From that day on, I pinned for you in secret. It hurt me when you started dating Jason. Having to see you with him every day was hard." He said, sadness in his eyes.

"Why didn't you ever tell me?" I asked, coming out from behind Stephen.

"I knew that you didn't see me that way. I was like a brother to you, and it killed me. I tried to forget you and date other girls, but all I could ever think about was you." He said, walking over to me.

Stephen pushed Trevor back. It was a warning not to get to close.

Trevor balled his hands into tight fists but said nothing.

"I don't leave for a week. I hope that you decide to come to see me before I go. I love you, Sky." He said with so much emotion and longing in his eyes.

"Balls in your court, beautiful." He said, walking away.

"I can't believe he finally admitted it to you," Raven said, looking happy for her brother.