New Home

Dad's late getting home... Where is he? My mom comes up to us all in the little hotel living room. "Well everyone!"my mom says extatic. What's up with her? "We're gonna go somewhere!" "Where are we going mommy?" Nick and Nancy say in sync. "Just pack up your bags!" My mom says running into the room and to the dresser. Nick and Nancy both don't quite understand but start packing up. I get really excited. Is the house ready?! Of course it is! We're leaving the hotel!!

We all finish packing and go downstairs to check out. We hop into a cab. I'm nervous yet excited. We haven't seen the new house yet and I debate with myself on how beautiful or awful our new house will be... We pull up to a medium sized white house with a brown roof. I smile. It looks kind of old with chipping paint but I know we're gonna do some rennovation. We walk down the driveway to see that both of our cars have arrived home. We head in through the back door with a little porch. We go in to see straight ahead leads to downstairs and to the left are a few steps leading to the kitchen, we go up the two steps and go into the kitchen, I look to my left to see open space most likely meant for a dining table. We keep looking and I see a little door leading into a small room, that continously leads to the garage. We go back into the house and look right of the dining table area to see a living room if you go straight and a hallway with a couple bedrooms and a bathroom we go into a big bedroom, the master bedroom, and at the end, a half bathroom (or one without a bathtub/shower). We go across from the master bed and there is a full bathroom, we keep going down the hallway and there is three more bedrooms one next on the right by the master bedroom, one across the hall, and one at the very end in the middle ending off the hallway.

"Mom?" I ask

"Yes honey?" My mom replies

"Where will we all be sleeping?" I ask realizing we wouldn't be able to all have a room.

"Well," she says glancing around the rooms once more. "Natalie will be in here." She says pointing to the room on the left side of the hall. "And, umm..." She looks into the room on the right side of the hall. Still trying to decide. "Umm, Mark in here." She says looking into the room that ends off the hallway. "With the twins in here" The room is bigger since the twins have their bunk beds and have slept in the same room ever since they were born. But wait. Where will I sleep?

"Mom?"

"Oh right!" She claims as if suddenly remembering I exist. Our dad comes up behind us.

"Hey dad!" I say a little more excited than it should be.

"Dad!" Natalie says as she goes up to hug him. The twins turn around.

"Daddy!" They both say in sync

Mark looks around to notice dad before saying the same.

"You'll be in the basement." My dad says

"Cool!" I exclaim "I'm gonna go check it out."

I go back to the entrance which leads to the basement and head down the stairs as my family follows. At the bottom there is a little area leading into a few different rooms, there is one ahead that is just a little wall and door seperator, otherwise it's basically the same room, to the left there is an open entrance leading into a room heading both ways, seperating the sectors is a furnace.

"I like it." I exclaim without much emotion.

"It's not all yours though" my mom says. I guess I kind of figured.

"Ya," my dad buds in "We will need to put the washing and drying machine somewhere."

"Cool," I say looking around some more. We all hear a honk outside. We go up the steps to see the first moving truck is here. We go outside to help unload. We start to bring boxes and furniture inside.

I bring my stuff from the truck down to the basement, or should I say my 'room'. I open the box that has my bedframe that I now have to put together. I sigh as I begin to put my bed together on the side of the wall barrier that is away from the stairs. I finish putting the post together that the matress is on the other truck that may not be here until tomorrow. I sigh again and pull out a box that has some pillows, blankets, and a sleeping bag. I pull it all out, roll out my sleeping bag and set down a pillow.

"Dinnertime!" I hear my mom shout. I sigh in relief, the pans came in the truck. I'm tired of all this fast food and freezer food. I run up the steps to the smell of my dad's homemade lemon chicken. Yum. We all squeeze down onto the sofa because you guessed it, in the other truck. We munch it down like there was no tomorrow, happy to finally have a home cooked meal.

We all finish our meal and seperate to unpack. I pull open all my boxes and pull over my suitcase and begin to unpack my clothes only to set them on the ground in wait for my closet. I sigh and look at my phone. Is it really that late? I check again. Wow it's 9:00. I figure that everyone's probably asleep until I hear some music coming from Natalie's new room. Well, almost everyone. I crawl into my sleeping bag and go on a few apps on my iPhone until I fall asleep.