Jerky Ex

Buh-ding

Buh-ding

Buh-ding

You look at your phone. It's three text messages from...your ex. Again.

He won't stop bothering you on how he wants you back, and this time he'll try harder, and you can trust him, and on and on and on. But after you found out he was cheating on you with two other girls, you find those things complete lies.

Buh-ding

You're scared to look at your phone this time. But when you see the name Robbie flash across your screen, you relax.

"Hey, wanna meet me at the park at 1:00?"

"Sounds good😊"

Robbie's your best friend and practically like your brother. He's always had your back and can sometimes be a little (or a lot) protective.

You look at the clock. It's 12:45. You hurry and put your hair up. You grab a sweatshirt and head towards the door.

"Mom! I'm going to the park!" You yell, halfway out the door.

It's fall and you smell it in the air. The cool weather feels great, compared to how it's usually freezing.

When you get to the park, you see Robbie sitting on a bench on his phone. You go and sit next to him.

"Hey weirdo." You say to him.

"Hey even bigger weirdo." He says back.

You laugh and punch him in the arm.

"So, what's up?"

"I don't know, I just wanted to hang out." He says, smooth accent cracking a bit.

"What's wrong?"

"I...I think I'm coming down with something. Anyway, how's it going?"

"Well, okay, I guess."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I don't know, Jared, my ex, keeps on bothering me. He will not stop texting me."

You hear your phone ring.

"Oh, here he is now."

You pull out your phone. It is from Jared.

'Y/N, please, I still have feelings for you. I can't be without you. Baby, pls, listen to me😫😩'

"Ugh, he's so annoying!" You say, turning off your phone, only to hear it ding again.

"Ughhhh!"

"Why won't he let it go?"

"Because he's an idiot who always gets what he wants."

"How could he do that do you?" You can tell Robbie's getting mad.

"Robbie, it's fine."

"No, it's-" He gets cut off.

"Y/N, is that you?" You hear an annoyingly familiar voice and turn around.

"Yes, Jared, it is me." You say, as you're getting your things to leave.

"Who's he? You got a new boyfriend? What makes you think you can get a new boyfriend, huh?"

"No, he's not my boyfriend. And I'm not yours, so even if he was you shouldn't care." You start to get up. You make zero eye contact with him.

"Y/N, you are mine. Just come back to me. I..I can't live without you." He starts to come up to you.

"You should've thought of that when you cheated on me with two other girls." You begin to walk away. Robbie's walking with you.

"You know I didn't mean it! They were only temporary. What we had was real!" You roll your eyes.

"Says you. Now just leave me alone." You start walking faster, but then Jared walks in front of you and puts his hand on your waist.

"She said leave her alone!" Robbie says, joining the conversation.

"Oh does that bother you? When I do this?" He puts his other hand on your waist, you try pulling away, but he won't let go.

"Get off of her!" Robbie yells, getting more angry than before.

"Oh, how about when I do this?" He pulls you close. You struggle even more.

"Y/N, duck." Robbie says. You do as you are told as you see a fist fly across and hit your ex in the face. He loosens his grip on you, and you free yourself.

When he comes to, Jared looks angered. He has a black eye.

"I'll be back for her." He says, and walks away.

You turn towards Robbie.

"Thank you so much." You say to him and hug him. He hugs you back. You love the comfort so much you don't wanna let go.

"Robbie?" You say, while still hugging him.

"Yeah?" He asks.

"I love you."

"I....I love you too."

You finally pull apart. His cheeks are a bright red and yours probably are too. You kiss him on the cheek. He turns even redder.

"Thank you, I really mean it."

"It's.....it's nothing."

"I'll see you tomorrow."

"Alright."

You walk away, cheeks hot but in a good way.