Jerky Ex 4

You grab your things and head out the door. You can hear Robbie calling for you, but you keep walking.

"Y/N, please!" He yells.

Your walking turns to sprinting as you start to run home. Then, you feel his hand on your shoulder. You stop and turn around. You're just about to yell at him, but then you notice something. Jared gave him a black eye.

"Robbie, you're hurt.." You put your hand on his black and blue face.

"Wh- ho-?" You stutter.

"I'm fine, Y/N. Really. It's nothing."

"It's nothing? You've got a black eye, Robbie!"

"Really, I'm fine."

"No, let's go to my house. My mom's got some first aid stuff there." He doesn't argue and you both walk to your house.

You get there and go inside.

"Hi, Mrs. Y/L/N." Robbie waves at your mom.

"Robbie, what happened?!" Your mom automatically notices his face. She was in the kitchen, using a wash cloth to clean the counters.

"Oh, uh.." Robbie hesitates to tell her what happened.

"He fell, on the concrete. Real hard." You say, taking his hand and rushing him upstairs.

"Oh, uh, ok. Do you need an-" You can't hear the rest of her sentence because you're already upstairs.

You walk into the bathroom and start looking through the mirror cabinet above the sink. Robbie is sitting beside you. You pull out some cream.

"Here, this should make it heal quicker." You take the cream and put it on his eye. He winces.

"Oh! I'm sor-"

"No, no. It's fine, it's fine."

You keep applying it, and then you put it away. You reach back into the cabinet for something else.

"How did you get caught up with him anyway?" Robbie says. The question catches you off guard.

"What?"

"With Jared? How did you even start dating him?"

"Oh...uh...I don't know. It's just, I saw this nice, genuine guy. I was so desperate to find someone like that, that I didn't consider all he's done in the past, ya know?"

"Ya.." Robbie looks down.

"What?"

"Nothing." His smooth accent cracks again.

"Here let me get you something for that." You start to reach in the cabinet, looking for cough drops.

"No. No it's fine." He says.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine. Do you need to do anything more to my eye?"

"No, I don't think we have anything else."

"Alright, well I'll be on my way. I've got to get home before my parents start worrying."

"Yeah, what are you going to tell them about that?" You ask, and point to his eye.

"The same thing we told your mom." He shrugs.

"Do you really think they'll believe it?"

"They're gonna have to."

"Alright, see you later Robbie."

"Bye, Y/N."

He walks out of the bathroom and you hear him say goodbye to your mom. Then he's gone.

You close the cabinet and stare at yourself in the mirror. You take a deep breath and go to your room.