Zoo Date

You're in the car with your boyfriend, Robbie. He planned a 1 year anniversary trip for the two of you. It's a surprise location, and he will not tell you, even if you have asked him a million times.

"We're here!" Robbie says excitedly as you open your eyes. It's the zoo. You're a little confused and maybe a bit disappointed, but you're not going to ruin this day. You do like animals so it shouldn't be that bad.

Both of you get out of the car. It's around 3 o' clock so the sun is still out. You walk into the zoo, the aroma of animal crap everywhere.

"Why'd you take me here?" You ask.

"I just thought you'd like to see the animals." He says, staring at a tiger. His hand crawls into yours. You blush a little. Even though you've been dating for a year, he still makes you feel dizzy in the head.

Next you go visit the parrots. Their colorful exotic feathers take your breath away. Maybe Robbie was more right about this location than you thought.

The two of you continue on to the monkeys. As you're looking at the monkeys playing with each other your gaze drifts over to another couple. They're watching and laughing as their child makes faces at a monkey through the glass. The monkey hoots and hollers. Then, the father scoops the child up and kisses it on the forehead, and they continue on their way.

"I want that to be us one day." Robbie says from behind you. You turn around and smile at him. You kiss him on the cheek and walk to the next exhibit, hand in hand.

A couple hours pass and it's starting to get dark out. The two of you stumble upon a giant fountain. It's got lights that make it glow in the night sky. You stare at it for a while, admiring it. Then, Robbie does something completely unexpected. He unlatches hands and gets down on one knee.

"This has been the most perfect day. It made me certain that I want more days like this to come, forever. Y/N, will you make me the happiest man in the world, and marry me?"

You're speechless. You can feel tears running down your cheek. You nod uncontrollably. When you can finally speak you say, "Yes, Robbie! Yes!"

He gets up, takes your face in his hands, and kisses you. You then hug him. You can here cheering and clapping from around you. As you hug, he lifts you and looks you straight in your teary eyes.

You know you've found the man of your dreams.