Lost Girl Pt. 1

You open your eyes and blink a bit. You can't believe where you are. You're in the middle of a forest. You're lying on the ground, you can feel the dirt and sticks below you. You back up a bit, not sure you're fully grasping the situation. You try to think back to what happened before this, but you can't remember a thing.

"Well, good morning, sleeping beauty."

You hear a voice but aren't sure where it's coming from.

"Have a restful nap?"

You target the voice to a tree above you. You don't believe what you're seeing. You squint your eyes and try to get a closer look. It is a boy.

"Wh-where am I?"

"Oh, don't sound so scared. You're just in Neverland."

Something comes flashing back to you, but you can't figure it out.

"Are you..."

"Peter Pan? You bet your lost memories I am."

"What am I doing here?" You begin to stand up.

"You really don't remember, do you?"

"Remember what?"

"Y/N, I took you here so we could be together. But when we flew through the different worlds something must've happened." He softens. He's now pacing around.

"Be together?"

He looks at you.

"We, we loved each other, Y/N. You don't remember that?"

You stare at him.

"We used to sneak out of your house. Remember?" He's still frantically pacing.

You continue to stare.

"I was your first kiss. We were under the stars, Y/N, don't you remember?" He looks like he's about to break down.

He looks you straight in the eyes.

"Don't you remember?"

"Peter, I..."

He starts pacing around again. He then storms off into the forest, leaving you behind. He's mumbling something under his breath. You run after him.

You walk into a camp of sorts. There's a bunch of tents and a bonfire in the middle. You look to your left and see a tree with a bunch of arrows in it. You look to your right and see a bunch of boys fighting.

You keep following Peter. He enters a tent. It's made out of animal skins and sticks. There's animal skin carpet on the floor and a bed and table. Peter goes straight to the table and shuffles through a bunch of papers. He's in complete chaos. He knocks over an oil lamp and doesn't seem to care.

"Peter," you put your hand on his shoulder ,"Can you give me a better explanation of what happened?"

He looks at you, but doesn't say a word. He seems to be studying your face.

"Here, let's sit on the bed and talk about it."

You go and sit down, and he follows. But he still seems shaken.

"Tell me more, Peter. What happened?"

"We loved each other, a lot. But your parents never believed in me. But they always abused you, called you names, yelled at you. You see that scar on your right arm? Yeah, that's from your dad throwing a beer bottle at you."

You lift your arm up. You see a very visible scar about two inches long.

"You always snuck out at night to see me. Your dad was always too drunk to notice and your mom was very sick. She probably still is. It's from the drugs."

You listen very closely.

"I would pick you up from your window and we would fly to this park. It was away from all the houses and noises. I would tell you stories and teach you about the constellations and the birds. You loved birds. But, one night I came in and your dad had a knife and he was just screaming at you. You were crying your eyes out. That was the last straw. So, I took you here."

You're speechless.