s i x t e e n.

"Wait, how long was I out?" I ask, my eyes going wide. "About two hours," he says with a small chuckle. I look out the windshield to see that we are parked in a parking lot of yet another hotel. The sun is setting outside, the pinks and oranges blending beautifully. "It's gorgeous isn't it?" he asks me, and I nod. "I need air," I giggle opening my door and stepping onto the pavement. It feels amazing to get out of the car and stretch my legs. "It's warm still," I say as Niall gets out and walks over to my side of the car.

"Come with me," he says, his hand clutching mine but then quickly dropping it. "Sorry," he says quietly and his cheeks flush.

I grab his hand, a boost of confidence washing over me. It's a small gesture that doesn't mean anything to either of us, or I suppose it doesn't to him at least. "Where are we going?" I ask with a smile, "first we are going to check in," he says. We walk to the front of the hotel, I find myself in awe that it's yet another extravagant place. "I don't know if I've got enough money to cover this," I frown. "Babe, it'll be okay! I've got it," he smiles, unattaching our fingers from one another to hold the door open for me. "Welcome to Embassy Suites," the doorman says as we enter. We both give him a kind smile, "I feel bad for not paying," I sigh. Niall simply rolls his eyes and chuckles.

After a little argument over the room, we decided to half the cost. "I figure you hate car rides but, we have to get in the car and go to the place I want us too," he says. "Okay," I say with a smile, "this must be special!" I chuckle, covering my mouth with my hand. "Yeah," he says his face has changed color being a little bit paler than usual. I smile and walk out the front door once again, the sky is now pitch black. The stars are starting to make an appearance. "I love starry skies," he says as we make our way to the vehicle. "Me too," I say as I open the door. I play with my hair as we pull out, "where are we?" I groan, considering we are already here he should honestly have already told me. "We are in Columbus, Ohio!" he says, a faint smile making an apperance. I nod, we get on yet another freeway. "We are only a good ten minutes from the place," he says. I look over at him, his knuckles are white from his grip on the steering wheel. "Niall, are you okay?" I ask, genuinely worried that something may be wrong. "Mhm," he smiles.

I watch my surroundings as he pulls off on an exit where there is construction going on. We quickly get past that and going down a very sketchy neighborhood which scares the hell out of me, which causes him to laugh at me. "This is so sketch, are you gonna kill me?" I ask, laughing because he's like a kitten. "Nope," he laughs his contagious laugh.

We turn down a few more streets and it looks like we are in the middle of a college. "Where even are we going? To get me an education?" I laugh. I look and see a huge stadium, it's actually beautiful. If you can call a stadium beautiful. "We're here," he says with a nervous smile. We pull into one of the parking spaces out front, the place seems to be a hundred percent abandoned at this very moment. "This is so cool," I say as I get out of the car. A few people are on bicycles others roaming the streets across from the stadium. "Come on," he says from beside me, breaking me out of my own thoughts. I follow closely behind him as we walk up a few tiny steps to a sculpture that's oddly shaped. He grabs my hand pulling me forward, "are you okay?" I ask, he seems very nervous. He doesn't say anything as we make our way to the front of the stadium. I look around, I see a man walking our way wearing yellow and black. "Who's that?" I ask as we've suddenly stopped walking and are stalled at the front gate. "A friend of a friend," he smiles down at me, showing off his teeth for once. "You seem like something's bothering you," I say tapping one of my feet on the ground. "It's nothing," he says, biting the inside of his lip.

"Tyrell," Niall says seeming overly joyed about this guy. "Nice to finally meet you, Niall!" the guy, Tyrell says.

After Niall and Tyrell talked momentarily he unlocked one of the gates letting us in. "This place is huge," I say, at that moment my eyes must have gotten the size of golf balls. "Just wait," Niall says as we walk out into the actual stadium, he walks down a few stadium steps as I follow behind. I watch my feet as I walk down the stadium steps, something of a habit I have. "Isn't this cool as hell?" Niall yells from the middle of the field. I look down the notice that the field has metal all over, no grass in sight. "Whys it like this?" I ask as I finally make my way on the field. "Concerts," he smiles and kicks his foot.