e i g h t e e n.

(Photo is London and Cheyenne)

I wake up with a small yawn stretching, I expect to hit the window of the car but I don't. I open one eye and I'm looking straight at a white ceiling. I open both eyes, sitting up, I'm in my own bed. I'm beyond confused, I look under the covers to see that I'm in the same clothes I was in during the car ride. "Mum?" I yell, confused. I hear footsteps getting closer and closer.

"Yeah sweetheart?" she asks as she opens my bedroom door. "How did I get here?" I croak out, my worst fear is saying that Niall brought me here and has left.

"Niall brought you in," she frowns. "W-where is he?" I ask, my worst fear coming back. "He said he was going to vegas with the rest of the boys," she sighs sympathetically. Tears immediately brim my eyes, until they start to fall in a constant stream. My mum immediately rushes to the side of my bed, pulling my into her chest and shushing me. "D-did he say anything?" I ask, fearing the worst. "He said, it was for the best," she kisses my forehead. "Mum, did you know?" I ask as I try and wipe away the tears. She simply nods, "all of us knew, well except you and ry!" she holds a look of sympathy. "W-why did you guys let me be so naive," I frown, tears threatening to fall.

"Honey, he was going to tell you when the time was right and he did," she says holding onto one of my hands. "I just don't get why," I sigh, rubbing my hands on my face. "How long ago did he bring me here?" I ask looking over at my alarm clock to check the time. "Around eight thirty," she says off the top of her head. "Rest up baby doll, you've got school in the morning!" she says and kisses my forehead yet again.

I sit through economics with a headache. I check my phone every once and awhile to see if I have any texts, which I don't. My heart sinks it's only been a day without talking to him and my heart has sunk to my stomach.

"London, are you okay?" I hear a voice. I turn to face Brad, I try to smile but it comes out as more of a saddened smile. "I'm fine," it comes out as a squeak. We're all sitting around the lunch room, my head feels like it's spinning. Everything's blurry, I don't know why I feel so lost without him. I only knew him for a couple months, yet it feels like I've lost my absolute best friend in the entire world. "You don't seem fine," Renée says with a slight frown. "I'm okay," I say for the nine hundredth time this week. In one hundred percent honesty I'm not okay. I miss him, I miss him a lot. "I'll drop it, but if you need me just know I'm here," she smiles sympathetically. "Thank you," I say with a light fake smile.

I haven't been able to actually smile since I saw him last. I haven't been able to google him or look on any social media for him because truth be told it would hurt. Everything seems to be falling out of line, I've never felt this way before. I pull out my phone after feeling a slight buzz, my face lights up only to be disappointed and confused. It's just simply a text from my brother telling me that he's yet again sorry for not telling me about Niall. I look over to see Brad and Renée in a deep argument. "Maybe London would go with you," I hear Brad suggest to Renée, which pulls me out of my thoughts. "Where would I go?" I look up from my phone screen. "Gillette Stadium to see her favourite band," he laughs with a subtle eye roll. "Um, what band?" I ask, already feeling that I know who it will be. "One Direction," they say at the same time, Renée's tone ecstatic Brad on the other had annoyed.

I sit there, all of my thoughts pulling together.  "I'll think about it," I give her a warm smile. My brain is sending off signals telling to tell her no, but my heart is saying otherwise. "When is it?" I ask, thinking strongly about it. "September the twelfth," she smiles brightly at me. "I'll keep that in mind!" I say and stand from my seat.

I find myself walking into the bathroom, my head still swimming in my thoughts. I look at my reflection in the mirror all I see is a beaten down me looking back. I sigh, pulling out my phone and pulling up my texts. I select Niall's name, typing out a few things and then quickly deleting what I had just typed out. I look at the last message he sent me for the hundredth time today.