Chapter Fourteen: Questions

~Vanoss POV~

I was escorted out of the hospital and to my house. During the whole trip, Adam wouldn't stop starring at me then turned his head to look at the scenery outside. By scenery outside I meant, was just a rocks, few dead trees, and a couple of green trees that had decorated the plain sandy world around us.

"So Vanoss, what are your thoughts on the war," Adam questioned me.

"I wish it would honestly stop," I said blankly.

"We learn and care more after things are destroyed," he said in a serious tone.

"Yeah I guess, so why are you with me?"

"Oh I'm just here to make sure you don't take off and not go away to fight."

"Well I won't try any funny stuff," I said with a small smile. He just sighs and mumbles something I couldn't hear.

"So Seananners why do you go by two names," I asked hopefully starting a conversation. It failed all I got was a shrug and continuation of looking out the window. I threw a few questions at him all falling to spark a conversation. Until about halfway through the trip he finally asked a question.

"So Vanoss don't mean to pry but who are you leaving behind while you be so brave and fight?"

"Oh just my close friend Victoria," I said honestly.

"You aren't dating anyone, that's not the answer I wasn't excepting."

"I dated a few guys but only for at least three months at the most," I said with a chuckle.

"Who," he asked with curiosity.

"Oh first one was a guy named Lui. I asked him out and surprisedly he said yes. Everything was going great until I guess our love for each other just dissipated. Second one was another guy named Brian. This time he asked me out and I said yes of course. Unfortunately, he ended because he said he had fallen for someone else. I found out a few months later that the guy's name was Wildcat."

"So how'd you take each breakup?"

"Honestly I felt nothing after each breakup," I said with a shrug.

"Wow no tears or anger after losing them both," he asked with a shocked face.

"Nope we actually are pretty close friends as of right now," I said with a giggle.

"Wow, it must be awkward at times though, right," he asked with in complete awe.

"Sometimes, but it's very frustrating because every likes at least one person from our little group."

"Really!?!"

"Yup. I guess there are afraid of what the other person who they like won't like them back," I said shrugging my shoulders.

"Well hey look we're only a few houses away and sorry for prying."

"Hey it's fine and you're a pretty cool dude glad to have met you," I said with a large grin. He giggled and the vehicle stopped.

"I'll be back tomorrow at nine A.M. sharp. Goodbye Vanoss," he said with a weak smile. I said goodbye and walked into the house. I was greeted by a huge hug from Victoria.

"Evan you've been gone forever how are," she said as she let me go out of her tight hug.

"Sorry I just decided to stay at Mini's house," I said scratching the back of my neck.

"Really because Mini hasn't been at his house for three days, so where were you really Vanoss?"

"I swear I was there," I said calmly. She rolled her eyes and stopped into the living room.

"Victoria what's wrong," I asked as I walked into the living room.

"Your lying Evan. I thought we over with your constant lying," she said bitterly.

"Oh okay, also I'm leaving tomorrow at nine to go fight," I said before walking upstairs and into my room.

"Evan you can't go," Victoria yelled from down stairs.

"Sorry I have too, you should know what will happen if I don't go," I yelled back. I heard light footsteps come up the stairs.

"Victoria I know your coming upstairs. I'll be fine where I'm going and I promise I'll come back in one piece," I said softly as I heard the floorboards creak in front of my room.

"Victoria, just come on in," I said softly with a chuckle. Slowly the door creaked open and she popped her head in the opening.

She took a deep breathe and spoke "Evan I never did tell what your sister said."

"I don't want to remember her," I said grabbing black skinny jeans.

"Evan she is sorry and she does have a reason why."

"Oh five whole years. I get it she helped me escape and blah blah blah."

"Evan please shut up and listen to me," she screamed.

"No, I'm going to take a shower," I said as I grabbed the rest of my clothes.

"The shower can wait," she while tugging on my arm. I shook head no and stormed out of the room. She held onto my arm and kept on begging to listen to her. I shook her off my arm and ran into the bathroom. I slammed the door shut and locked it then took off the disgusting uniform. I turned on the shower and took off the other clothing. Once nude I showered and the warm droplets hit my back. Slowly I showered and kept on thinking about John. How he was, what he looked like now, and if he got the teddy bear. Finally done I stepped out of the shower, dried my hair, and wrapped it around my waist.

I slipped on a red shirt, boxers, and the black skinny jeans. I threw the towel into a corner and walked over to the door. I pressed my ear against the door and listened for Victoria. Only silence was outside the door.

I slowly opened it with a loud creak now echoing halls. I cringed slightly and waited for the soft footsteps to try to sneak upstairs or out of her room. Silence again.

"Oh Victoria where are you," I said with my voice bouncing off the hallway walls.

"Please tell me you left," I said raising my voice. No response so I walked into my room. I grabbed a necklace with a my real name, a red rose, small peach, and heart lockets dangled from it. I smiled lightly as I shoved it in my pocket.

I walked over my dresser and picked up a small group photo of all of our group of friends. Wildcat stood in the back with an arm over Mini's shoulder who was wedged between Wildcat and Nogla. Nogla had a huge smile and was leaning forward with his arms on both of Lui's shoulders. Next to Lui was Brian who had Moo behind him. Moo had wrapped his arms around Brian. I was next to Moo with a huge smile while all if them had light pink blushes with there smiles. I giggled while I carefully folded it and set it in my opposite pocket.

I took one last look at my room grabbed a blue hoodie. I draped it over my arm and walked out of my room. Slowly went down the stairs and over to the door.

"Evan wait," Victoria said calmly.

"No I'm going to say goodbye to my friends," I said coldly and opened the door.

"Listen to me Evan I know why you changed your name to Vanoss. I know a lot about you and your lies. I know more about your past and I want to tell you what she said. So before you go just listen to me," she said holding onto my shirt sleeve.

I took a deep breathe and spoke.