Chapter Nineteen: Letting it go

~Delirious POV~

I was shaken awake by a way to happy of an Adam.

"Glad to have you back Johnathon," he said before hopping out the open door.

"But I was just sleeping," I said while looking around. I was no longer outside but now in a cement room. Lights flickered on and off above me and it was quiet. So I walked out of the vehicle and saw an open white door with the paint peeling. An old ladder leaned against the wall for support and two shelves sat high above the ladder. I couldn't see what was on the shelves only dust that collected on the shelves lips.

Next to the ladder was a tower of rusted old paint cans piled high. But on top if the tower was an ax balanced on the highest paint can. Everywhere else had a thin layer of dust but no life.

"Adam," I questioned before it became pitch black. I stood calmly in the dark and closed my eyes. My legs moved towards the door bumping into the vehicle a couple of times.

Finally I heard a squeak of a door and opened my eyes. I was now in a freshly painted hallway with open paint cans littered in the hallway. Bright lights shined down the hallway that had an dead end on the left and the right had another door. Except this time it was crimson red and a shiny gold door knob bounced the light onto the floor.

I maneuvered around paint cans until I finally reached the door. I twisted the knob until a soft click signaled me to open the door. Slowly I opened the door and was now in a living room with Adam sitting on the couch reading papers.

"Hello Johnathan," he said not looking up from the papers.

"That's all I get," I huffed.

"I'm terribly sorry but sometimes you need to take charge of your own self," he said while flipping the paper over.

"I do all the time now where am I and where is Cartoonz," I asked while glaring at the older male.

"I'm only answering one of those questions," he stated.

"Fine, where am I?"

"Good question, follow me," he said as he stood up. He walked past me and down the hallway. I followed him closely until he stopped at the end of the hallway. He grinned and tapped one the wall a small rhythm. We stood in silence for a few minutes until the wall parted in the middle revealing a spiral staircase.

"I'm not going down there I said as backed up.

"Well if you want that answer to your question. You're going down there," Adam said as he pointed at the staircase. I glanced down the steps and then Adam. He gave a small nod and I began to walk down the stairs. Cool air became colder with each step I took and my steps echo bounced off the stone walls. I almost slipped a few times but caught myself.

"Don't worry you'll be at the bottom soon," Adam said behind me. I jumped slightly at his sudden presence but continued walking down the steps. Slowly the freezing cold air was being shoved away by warm air. Finally I had walked off the finally step and onto tile flooring.

"Welcome to your new job and you are currently in a secret passage," Adam said with a huge grin.

"New job," I asked him being completely confused.

"Yes, you are getting info from captured people who are obviously not on our side," he said.

"So I just ask questions," I asked.

"Well of course, but they aren't going to talk without a little force," he said with a smirk.

"No no I'm not doing that," I said while throwing my hands up.

"It's not up to you if you want to do this," he said while dropping his smirk. He grabbed my wrists and pulled me to him. "I'm sorry but for now I need Delirious."

"No stop," I yelled and tried to squirm out of his grip.

"Cartoonz is dead," he said softly.

"No your lying," I said with tears welling up.

"No he died right in front of you." I just shook my head and my vision began to get blurry.

"Shake your head no all you want but it won't bring him back," he said. My arms and legs began to loose all feelings.

"And he never ever loved you," he said. Final blow was struck I couldn't take it. 'Don't worry I'll help you.' He said being a grin grew on my face and I could only see darkness.

~Mini's POV~ (surprise)

I sat in this chair what seemed liked forever. My wrists hurt from the tight metal cuffs. I was hungry and beyond thirsty. I just wanted to curl up in a ball next to Wildcat and just cry.

Every second in this place was slowly killing me. Mentally and physically. I had a few visions of Wildcat talking to me. I ignored him both times.

I couldn't sleep at all. I tried countless times but nothing. Maybe it was the dripping cold water hitting the cool stone floor. Or even the squeaking of mice from time to time. But the main cause might be my thought.

Is he okay?

Is he looking for me?

Why would they do this?

Why am I so dumb?

Will I die here?

These main thoughts constantly raged through my head. I constantly tried to answer them but get lost in a whirlpool of thoughts.

"I said I don't know," yelled a male voice. His voice was familiar so I waited for a few minutes.

"You either tell me or all of your little piggies are leaving that foot of yours," said a creepy male voice. It was silent for a bit then a huge cry of pain broke it.

"I swear I don't know," screamed the make voice I heard first. Another cry of pain from him.

"I swear on Dathi's grave. I DON'T K-," he cut his own self off with a louder scream of pain. Then it clicked the voice was Lui's.

"Lui," I screamed out while squirming the chair. I didn't hear a response so I just kept on yelling his name. I got no response still and I felt my eyelids became heavy. I slowly began falling asleep,

"Mini," cooed a voice behind me.

"No no," I said and just shook my head. I felt cold fingers brush across my cheek and then darkness.