Chapter Twenty Three: Let's Go

~Vanoss POV~

I watched Tyler shuffle dash inside his house. After the door slammed shut I walked past my house. Each step crunched the rocks until I walked into the soft grass tucked away from everyone's view. I shoved my hands into my jean pockets and felt the photo.  

It felt the opposite of the calmness instead dread. This was no longer a simple picture but a checklist for our deaths. I might as well count Lui and Dathi dead. But Mini as another story, his chance of being dead or alive was split in the middle. So me and Tyler were definitely the only ones left. So maybe later it'll be us dying.

I laid on the grass and felt my eyelids getting heavy. Slowly I drifted off into a dreamless sleep. Night dragged on until dawn poked the night away. I woke up and rubbed my eyes and walked to Tyler's house. Almost to Tyler's house I felt my stomach grumble. Maybe I could take Tyler's food. Again. I thought with a small chuckle following it.

"Hey Vanoss," yelled a voice. I looked up and saw Tyler waiting on his porch with a large grin plastered on his face.

"Hey Tyler," I yelled back with a laugh.

"You hungry," he bellowed as stepped up in his porch. I only nodded and he grabbed my hand to guide me to his dining room. I blushed as his huge hand held onto my smaller hand and noticed a small pink tint on his face. My heart began to skip beats and I could here it thumping each beat.

"Hey Evan, you okay there?" Tyler asked softy. I opened my mouth but my words stayed in my throat so I only nodded.  He let go of hand and began to down the hall.

"Wait Tyler," I yelled catching his attention, "can you hold my hand again?" He looked  over at a wall for a few minutes then walked back over to me. Slowly stretched his hand out and I grabbed it. I felt safe as he guided me into the dining room and he stopped at the doorway.

"Vanoss," he whispered quietly and I looked up at him. "Yes Tyler wh-," he cut me off as his lips smashed into mine. At first I was surprised but I kissed back as soft lips touched mine. We moved in sync before we broke apart to breathe.

"That was amazing," I squealed to Tyler. He gave me a confused look and spoke "you mean you liked that?" I nodded and continued to look up at the tall gentle giant towering over me. "You were really good," I said with a wink following it. He blushed and I sat down on a wooden chair. "Oh no! I forgot about the food," he yelled before disappearing out of the doorway. A few minutes passed until he came back with a tray with a glass of milk, three pancakes, and a whole maple syrup bottle. He set the food in front of me and the glass of milk to the right of me.

"Thank you Tyler," I said with a smile. He chuckled and walked back to get his food. I sipped my milk and began drizzling syrup on the fluffy, golden, and warm pancakes. "Go easy on the syrup there Vanoss," Tyler said as he sat down.  "But you can never have to much of this delicious syrupy goodness," I said as I sat the bottle on the table. We laughed and ate our yummy breakfast with flirts thrown around. Once done he took the plates and the glasses and left to the kitchen. I stood up and walked out of the dining room. Looking down the way I came from then down the other way with a large surprise. Stuff was thrown all around, a few holes in the walls, destroyed paintings strewn on the floor, and sparkling glass shards from picture frames laid with the mess. I took a few steps before hearing Tyler's whistling a happy tune coming this way. I scrambled back to my chair and sat on it.

"Hey I think we should go wait on the porch," he said and outstretched his hand. I got up and grassed his warm hand we walked onto his porch. "Hey Tyler are we a thing," I asked quietly as I sat on the same step that he sat on.

"Well here let me ask you another question. Will you Vanoss be my lovely boyfriend?"

"Yes yes yes," I shouted gleefully and leaned onto his shoulder.

"There's your answer," he said and wrapped his arm around my waist. I wanted to stay in this moment forever but my best luck ruined the moment. Adam had arrived with an emerald green vehicle. Slowly the door opened and Adam hollered for us two to come on in. We stood up straight and walked into the opened door. I held onto his hand as we sat next to each other.

"Look at these new love birds," Adam said with an odd laugh.

"So um Adam how long till we get there," I asked as I felt uncomfortable with the forced smile on his face.

"Don't worry we'll be there in a few minutes," he said while keeping up his fake smile.

"I was expecting a longer drive than this one," Tyler said as his grip tightened slightly on my hand.

"I assure you this ride will be very comfortable for you both," he said.

"That's good, but is it really two minutes away?" I asked.

"Yes, would you like some tea, juice, soda, or some water?" he asked.

"Well I guess I'll take some water," I said as scooted closer to Tyler. "I'll have some water too," Tyler spoke up. Adam nodded and lifted a cushion that had a built in cooler inside. He reached his pale arms and pulled out two waters.

"Think fast," he yelled before tossing them over to us. Tyler caught his bottle while my face caught the water bottle.

"I'm sorry Vanoss," Adam said. Tyler picked my bottle up off the floor and gave it to me while glaring at Adam. "It's okay Adam," I said as I opened my bottle. I drank some and Tyler took sips here and there while we talked with Adam. Suddenly I felt light headed and sleepy so leaned on Tyler's shoulder. As I fell asleep all I could here was Adam's laugh echoing until silence...