chapter 6

A few days later

L pov

After that day (Y/n) hasn't shown up here or at school. It got me a bit worried that she hasn't answered her phone and the Yagami family hadn't seen her at all.

"Mr. Yagami, Light have either of you seen miss (L/n)?" They shook their heads. I started to wonder if Kira got (Y/n) killed now but there's no evidence of that.

"Watari get the car we're going to check on her."

"As you wish."

"Wait your serious about going to her place she hardly answers the door. Maybe she went to see her mother and has been studying for her classes to make her mother proud. She tends to forget what's happening around her when she studies." Light said but that can't be true.

"The (Y/n) I saw when she joined wasn't that type of girl. I saw the fire in her eyes and was willing to go into this investigation with us. Kira may have gotten to her and we wouldn't know if we don't search for her right now." Everyone seemed to be a bit worried now mentioning Kira.

"He's right I promise (Y/n) mother to keep her safe and I will to the end. Now let's go and see if she's alright." Everyone agreed and walked towards their cars.

'I hope she's alright.'

(Y/n) pov

I was able to leave the house after so long and that shinigami that warn me comes here often. He told me that Kira is a mastermind and will find a way to get me. I was able to see the names and the amount of time they have left but not mine. The shinigami said his name is Ryuk and that he knew my mother for a long time. Right now he's with me helping me get something that kept me wondering what she left in the bank for me.

As I open it there was a box with a lock on it to keep whatever was inside safe. I grabbed it and took it out and put it in my messenger bag. There were some nice jewelry and some money but I left that there and closed the box. I thank them for letting me check the box and went home. I got a cab and rode back home as we stopped at my street I paid him and went in. Nothing seemed out of place, not even the door handle position I left it in.

I was in my room trying to figure out how to open it when the doorbell rings. I looked out the window and saw everyone who was working on the Kira case. I took the box and hid it in the closet.

I closed the door and went downstairs to open the door. I heard them talking about if I was dead and was just laying on the ground by Masuda. I open the door only to see them with one eye.

"(Y/n) thank goodness you're alive you almost gave me a heart attack for not answering your phone." Mr. Yagami said as the others sigh in relief.

"Sorry I wasn't feeling well so I stayed home until I got better. So that's why I avoid everyone for the past few days.

"You should have called or at least pick up your phone when we called. Do you know how worried we've been?! We thought Kira had killed you!" Light yelled but something pushed him away from me. I looked up and saw Ryuk next to me and a key in his hand.

"Here this is the key to open that box and you'll able to see who you are." He began to move towards the kitchen and he took an apple and walked away through the wall. I saw everyone looking at me and I began to feel scared of them.

"I think you guys should leave I have to do something. And I don't need anyone checking up on me. As long as I don't do anything reckless I'll be able to go back to school and the investigation in two to three days." I open the door and show them I meant it.

One by one they left and Ryuuzaki and me were the only two left. I didn't want to talk to him right now or be in the same room.

"(Y/n) if you need anything call me alright? Plus I need to tell you something important and it involves Kira."

"Fine come back later if you want I'll be here either way." He nodded and left with the others. Closing the door I saw Ryuk eating another apple.

"He cares about you a lot. Maybe he likes you." Ryuk said as he finished his apple.

"Ryuuzaki doesn't like me that way. He sees me as acquaint of his nothing more or less." I walked towards my room and took the box out. Ryuk had the key and hand it to me.

"You may never know people hide their emotions too well. I know this because of your mother and I." He said giving hints.

"You and my mother what was your relationship? And if you know who my father is can you tell me? I need to know who he is." I asked as I looked at the box.

"The dreams you've been having are giving you the answer you seek." He said as he sat on the bed. I thought back on the dreams I've have gotten. He and my mother how he was there when she was alone and how he treats me like I was his little girl. It all added up now how he said when he wouldn't be able to see me for a while. It was because he was a shinigami all this time.

"Are you saying that my father is you Ryuk?" I looked at him and I couldn't tell what he was thinking but somehow I could tell that he felt sad that he wasn't able to be with us or save my mother.

"Guess you figured out who I am now I wish I could have saved your mother's life, but I promise her to let her go and keep an eye on you. I have always been watching over you even after your mother gave up ownership of the death note years ago. She didn't use it but kept it so we could talk and hang out. It felt nice to know that some humans can be open-minded to shinigami like me."

"That's what got you to fall in love with each other. It was because you were able to know each other better." He nodded.

"Well, that explains why I never saw a picture of you it was because no one could see you." I looked at the box and took the key and unlock it. I saw there was a notebook and a letter from my mother.

Dear (Y/n),
If you're reading this letter it means I am no longer there. I'm sorry that I left you alone but I knew my death would have come sooner or later. This is your notebook and yours alone never let anyone else grab or see it. This notebook was given to you by the shinigami king. Your father is Ryuk I'm sorry that I never mentioned him but we made an agreement to keep this secret from you until your other half began to awaken. You have probably seen him since you're reading this letter which means you already see the true names of others along with those who may have a death note in their hands. The notebook inside is a death note please be careful whose name you write inside it because it will kill anyone if you know what they look like and their real name. This power must be kept hidden never use it unless you have to. I know you'll do the right thing with this power of yours. I wish I could have stayed and watched you grow up and get married and see my grandchildren but fate had other plans for me. I hope you live a life full of happiness and love. I will always protect you (Y/n) because you are my precious child and I will always love you just like your father has been doing for you. (Y/n) there are no words to describe how I treasure our time together but the only words I can say is this. I love you with all my heart. I'm proud to be your mother and I will always be with you even in the afterlife.

Love,
Your mother (m/f/n) (l/n)