chapter 12

L pov

After that talk in the car it seems (Y/n) has been distant from... well everyone even Matsuda who would always make her laugh. She hasn't slept either by the looks of it and she losing her smile as well.

"Ryuuzaki can I ask you something privately." Light asked since we were chained together.

"What is it?"

"(Y/n) acting differently since we came to the building. Did you guys do something while we weren't looking?" Light asked.

"No, we just talk that all, and she spends most of her free time in her room. Other than that she's been like that since we came, but I wonder if that conversation we had may have caused this." I think back to when she brought up the topic of humans and shinigami. Then it hit me what if Kira knows that shinigami had a relationship with a human and had a child. What if she knows where they are now? Could that be the reason why Kira wants her?

"Light follow me," I said as I walk to towards (Y/n) while dragging Light behind me.

"(Y/n) we need to talk now," She looked up at me like it was nothing new and got up.

"What is it?" She ask as we began to walk and got into a room.

"Light I'm going to put you with Misa while we talk and let you guys have a 'date'."

"WHAT!" He yelled as I pushed him into Misa's room and closed the door. Since he has his handcuff off I proceed to walk to another room. While I grab (Y/n) hand and took her to my room.

'I just hope she doesn't think something else

(Y/n) pov

We enter a room, it looked like it was Ryuuzaki's room, since there were a lot of sweets. He hasn't let go of my hand at all but it felt nice and warm. Almost like we were made for each other.

'What am I thinking he'll never like me like that and if he did I'll just hold him back.' Ever since we talk in the car I have been unable to get close... well everyone here at the base. I have to keep an eye on Misa but all she talks about is Light this or Light that or sometimes about celebrity gossip.

"(Y/n) that day when we talk about shinigami having kids by any chance do you know anyone that has shinigami powers." He said looking straight into my eyes.

"No... no why do you ask?"

"Because I think Kira wants you because of that knowledge. If he has that power of their's then he can kill more people than he normally would. So I ask you again do you know anyone with shinigami powers." He said as he began to walk toward me.

I felt more scared of L right now that I backed away from him. That is until I reached the wall and he trap me in between him and the wall. His arms were next to me and I had nowhere else to run. I looked at him and he had a serious look and I couldn't look away it was as if he looked into my soul.

"Ryuuzaki I was merely curious about that and what other people think of it. And if I did know anyone with shinigami powers, which I don't, I would have told you already."

L pov

I looked at her beautiful (e/c) eyes and I saw that she meant it but I had a feeling she was not honestly telling me everything.

"Then why have you been so distant from everyone even me? Do you know how it feels to see someone you care about suffering alone?" I said out loud and saw her eyes widen. Then I realized that I let my emotions get the best of me.

"Ryuuzaki"

"(Y/n) I love you. I love how passionate you are about your work. The way you care about others' health and make sure to help them out. The way you would smile and not let anyone put you down. I love everything about you and that includes all the mistakes and flaws you may have as well." I said as I looked at her and saw the tears in her eyes.

"Ryuuzaki I can't. I'll just hold you back from everything." She said as she begins to tear up.

"I would never think of you holding me back. On the contrary, you're the reason I want to catch Kira. So he won't get you and you can be safe again." I said to her as she looked shocked.

"Ryuuzaki but why love me when there are other girls out there? What makes so special than any other girl out there?"

"Because you're the only one that cared about my health, and when we pretended to be a couple I believed it as well." I rest my forehead on hers.

"Please say you'll be mine (Y/n). I can't go on without you now that you know my true feelings." She looked at me her tears began to fall.

"Ryuuzaki even if I'm someone different from others would you still love me?" She asked me like she feared me changing my feelings but I'm not going to let her go after this.

"I would still love you even if you're a shinigami," I said as she hugged me and I hugged her back.

"Ryuuzaki I love you too."

"Lawliet"

"Huh?" She seemed confused about what I said.

"When we're alone you can call me Lawliet. That is my real name."

"Alright, Lawliet just give me time to get used to everything again." She said as she smiled at me, a smile that I miss very much.

"As long as you stay your self then it doesn't matter what or who you are. Because you are the one I love and will love only." I said as I lean in and kissed her and she kissed me back as well.