Chapter Six

Revision completed. Let me know if there are any mistakes. Please leave comments and votes! 

                                                    ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄

                                                Chapter Six

Surprisingly, this week has gone by pretty well. Ever since I met up with Travis at the library, he's only talked to me once, and that was about the project.

Really.

It's actually beyond refreshing.

"Faye, wait up!" I hear someone call behind me. The petite thumping of the girl's shoes running after me immediately tells me it's Ashley.

I turn around with a huge smile on my face after I pack the remainder of my textbooks into my backpack. Ashley, Chase, and I had planned to hang out this afternoon during lunch a few days ago. To say I am excited is an understatement.

As weird as this may sound, I've never actually hung out with friends before. There was always something that I had to do--there was always some sort of catch, like maybe I'd have to pay for everything.

That's why I'm ecstatic now. For the first time ever, I get to be free and hang out with a friend free of charge.

"Ready to go?" Ashley beams, tugging me after her as we head towards the parking lot.

I nod my head giddily before realizing Chase is missing.

"Where's Chase?" I inquire curiously.

Ashley shakes her hand in a 'carefree' gesture and shrugs, "His coach decided to have a lacrosse practice. It's just you and me."

I nod, my heart sinking a little. I really was looking forward to talking to both of them more today.

"You're okay with that right?" Ashley says softly while we climb into her car, "I mean--we can always just plan it for—"

"No, no!" I interrupt quickly, my eyes widening as she pulls out of the parking lot, "It's absolutely okay."

"Oh," She states coolly, "well good!"

I roll my eyes at her sudden change in tone and laugh before she turns on some music.

The song, "We Are Never Getting Back Together" plays, and Ashley starts squealing while keeping her eyes on the road.

I grin and roll down my window, sticking my head out and listening to her horribly off tune singing.

"We, Are never ever ever ever, getting back together!" She shouts at the top of her lungs, lifting a hand up in the air while singing 'ever'.

"Like ever." I add in a snobby tone when she starts her choral rap part.

"Whoa, that's my line Faye." Ashley warns playfully, glaring at me.

I shrug and purse my lips, "Not anymore."

She fakes an offended scoff and focuses her attention back to the road. Thirty seconds into her act, she starts to bop her head to the music again, grinning at her failed attempt to ignore me.

"So where are we going?" I ask loudly over the music.

"Winsling Beach Cafe." Ashley states, glancing into the rear view mirror while exiting the short highway, "You'll love it."

I nod my head and focus more on my surroundings just as the the song ends.

"C’mon," She prods, getting out of the car, "We get free food."