Chapter Seventeen

Heyyoo! 

So, unfortunately, my school is going to start up again this monday. That means I wont be able to upload until the weekends. BUT I will try my best to get a few in before then. I have this amazing plot going and I don't want to go to school. 

I just want to stay home, sit on my butt, and write the whole damn thing until my fingers are aching. 

But I can't. 

With that happy news, I hope you enjoy this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it! 

For those who really hate Faye; is there any chance that you think you could sympathize with her? ;) 

At least, after this chapter?

Alright, 'nuff said. 

Can I get comments? 

VOMMENT. 

xxSummerxx

                                                    Recap

           I look down briefly before staring at the picture. Posing in a cardigan and high boots, the girls auburn hair cascades down her shoulders. The slender highlights glide past her hazel eyes that appear brighter under the sun rays. I stare in awe until I bring my gaze up to James. 

            “Faye Williams,” I state confidently, before adding in, “She seems to dislike him.”

            “Does she now?” James repeats, his eyes traveling back to gaze at her.

            I nod, “They are always arguing.”

            “Would you classify her as Travis’s enemy?” James presses, slowly sitting down in his leather chair.

            I inhale a shaky breath and nod. Anything to make him relax completely.

            “Good,” He mutters, twirling the photo in his hands, “The enemy of our enemy is a friend.”

            He brings his gaze up to meet mine with a devious passion. Despite my anxiety, I manage to match his expression.

            “That’s clever thinking,” I praise, earning a beam from James.

            “Indeed,” He muses, “Can I ask you of a favor?”

            Eagerly I nod my head, “Yes.”

            “Can I expect you to do it right?” He implores, raising an eyebrow.

            I nod again, “I promise James. I won’t mess up.”

            He leans back in his chair, his face showing signs of satisfaction. He brings the file to his hands and stares at it in wonder.

            “Find the missing page,” He begins, tracing his nail across the edge of the file, “And bring the girl to me.”  

                                Chapter Seventeen 

            The cool breeze, though contradictory to my flaming heart, clashes with a  soothing affect against my bloodrushed skin. With my back touching the white sand that spreads to the ocean shore, relaxation courses through my veins without a struggle.