Can't Be Real (part 1)

" You killed him... As in-"

" He's dead.... Warren, what's wrong with me?! I murdered a man, and-"

" He deserved it."

" NO, HE DIDN'T! RACHEL DIDN'T DESERVE IT! JEFFERSON DIDN'T DESERVE IT! NATHAN DIDN'T DESERVE IT! NO ONE DESERVES IT! WARREN, ALL I HAVE LEFT IS YOU AND...Fabian..." I stopped at the end.

" Fabian? What about him?"

" Warren, was Fabian at the party last night?"

" No, he had to take some last minute flight to NYC."

" Oh thank god! I need him alive... I need someone."

" You have me-"

" No, Max has you. Like I had Nathan." I looked down at my phone and saw the voicemail.

" Warren, can I talk to you for a minute?" Max asked.

" Yeah, sure..." He got up and went with her.

I wish I could just go back to semi-peaceful meals with Nathan in this booth...

I looked at my phone one final time before building up the courage to listen to the messages. I put in my ear buds before hitting play.

" Hey, it's me, Nathan.. I just want to apologize for earlier. I shouldn't have said that bullshit... I also want to apologize for everything else I've done wrong. Truth is, when I met you, it was just a setup to get you in the darkroom... I-I expected it to be easy. Just get you in to Jefferson. I'd finally help with the shoot. Then you'd get out... You need to stay away from him. He's coming after you, and I-i i know you probably hate me now, but hell, I hate me. I need you to fight, okay. You have to live. I'll never talk to you again. I won't call. I won't do anything. I just don't want you to get hurt. You need to be safe. I wish I would've never agreed to his plans. He used me... My dad used me. Everyone used me! Except you... And look what I did! I fucked up again! I always do! That's why he's coming for me... I hope this isn't the last time I'll ever be able to talk to you... But if it is.. I-I love you.. "

" No... No. No. No! Damnit! Why am I so stupid?!" I sobbed.

" Are you okay, honey?"

" Joyce, he's gone! He's dead! And I can't do anything about it!"

" Who are you?-"

" Nathan." Max whispered.

" I can fuckin hear you! Max, you have no idea how much this hurts! You fuck up, and you can fix it within a matter of seconds! You have control! I never have control! I won't ever have control! My life will always be a living hell!"

" Get yourself together. We have to go!"

" Max!" Warren scolded.

" Yeah, that's right. I forgot. I don't even have a damn choice! I have to bounce around!"

I snapped before I saw brightness take over.

______________________

You guys can comment. I don't bite